S*****g removalists

NicF

Hi

We arranged to get quotes from 4 removalists / shippers, all big names. So far we have two quotes, one assessor couldn't get here because he fell down some stairs and the company can't reshedule until 2nd May, which is fair enough but leaving things a bit late for our liking. The final assessor is now stuck in traffic and can't get here until 2:30 today, at which point I will be on my way to round to school to attend an assembly, and he didn't phone to let us know until he was already 15 minutes late for the original appointment. :arghh:

The two quotes we have had are almost identical (about £10 in it). Do we just go with one of these or should we try and get someone else out to quote? Pickfords and Robinsons were the places that made it here.

Any advice or opions welcome.

Thanks

Nicola

Edited by NicF

Hi

We arranged to get quotes from 4 removalists / shippers, all big names. So far we have two quotes, one assessor couldn't get here because he fell down some stairs and the company can't reshedule until 2nd May, which is fair enough but leaving things a bit late for our liking. The final assessor is now stuck in traffic and can't get here until 2:30 today, at which point I will be on my way to round to school to attend an assembly, and he didn't phone to let us know until he was already 15 minutes late for the original appointment. :arghh:

The two quotes we have had are almost identical (about £10 in it). Do we just go with one of these or should we try and get someone else out to quote? Pickfords and Robinsons were the places that made it here.

Any advice or opions welcome.

Thanks

Nicola

Was the one who fell down the stairs PSS?

If that is the case I would steer clear as we had an appointment with them and when the appointment passed by an hour I rang them and they eventually got hold of the guy who said 'I've broken down and was in a non reception area!!!' I tried to arrange another date and that was 3 - 4 weeks off. Needless to say we declined.

We are going with Robinsons when we eventually sell the house.

Good Luck with it all,

Mis

Guest Django

I would wait for PSS they were brilliant. Of the four companies we got quotes from they came out second cheapest. The cheapest seemed a bit of a Delboy type. LOL.

Hi.

we used Atlantis A Leeds Company so not too faraway.

I found them to be sound didnt have a problem at all infact I felt a waste of space as they packed the house no hassles.

Only downside it took 11 weeks instead of 8 which we where told .Saying that it took 2 week for the container to be released at Adelaide, I would keep this in

mind if moving into a short term rental until your furniture turns up.

I reckon it's all down to luck! One person raves about a company then another totally slates them.

We used PSS and although it was a good few years ago, we had a pretty horrible time at the UK end - they didn't send enough people to pack so we had to spend a day and a half packing alongside they guys, they packed our suitcases away lol, and we ended up ditching stuff we wanted to take because they'd underestimated the amount of our stuff. Not good.

But they were nice, they tried to make the best of the situation for us and gave us a clear idea of when our stuff would arrive. Once our container (first of one and a half lol!) arrived the company this side were lovely, easy to talk to and raced the customs check and delivery through so we got it before Christmas.

Would I recommend them? Definately - but I would learn from my experience :)

So I guess what I'm saying is: don't sweat the small stuff. As long as the price seems good and you feel good about your choice, go for it. It's great to use other people's experience but, ultimately, you just don't know. Unfortunately :(

:cool: LC

We went with Pickfords and couldn't fault them. They packed everything well in the Uk and their company in Aus is Allied Pickfords so your belongings are all dealt with by the same company the whole way through. We moved into our rental here and they delivered our stuff the next day.

We used Whites to move over. Great packing crew, all our stuff arrived here earlier than we had originally been told and their agents here were a good bunch as well.

The quote from Whites was competitive and we were pleased with the service both ends.

Good luck with your move.

Hi, I'm sure your keen to get a shipper booked, so don't wait for flappers, first impression counts and all that. We used Pickfords and know others that have, all excellent reports. Nice to receive a letter from Allied Pickfords in Aus, gives you confidence in Aus end. Robinsons were also recommended to us, but we'd already booked Pickfords. I'm not on commision I promise lol.