Shipping companies

R & H

Hi there,

Just starting to get quotes but wondered if anyone has used Anglo Pacific at all - and how did things go? Looks like Robinsons and Pickfords have done a good job for some so thinking of them - getting this part right is as worrying as sorting the dogs out! I feel an increase in grey hair and wrinkles coming my way over the next couple of months for sure! x

I had Anglo, John Mason and White & Co come out and give me quotes - Anglo were good, but in the end I went with John Mason as they were slightly cheaper (and were very good from the outset). I haven't shipped yet, 4 weeks time, so time will tell I guess, but fingers crossed! :-) Good luck with who you decide on!

Guest Paula H

I had the,mound tonight, will let you know how their prices are. Had Doreen bonner round too & they were great, but we will tell when the prices come in xx

Guest AngPhil

Hi Paula,

We had Crown, John Mason and Atlantic out. Atlantic were the most expensive (by about a grand). We went with Crown (middle quote) but bartered them down on price.

We have got our insurance with http://www.insure-your-move.com/ which saved us a bit.

I'm getting stressed now, too much to sort out and not enought time.

Ange xxx

Guest Dr Scotland

Would people mind saying here what they were quoted? I was quoted 2311 pounds (plus transit insurance at 3% of value) for 518 cubic feet by Clark and Rose with disassembling, packing, removal, delivery and re-assembling. That was by email. He came on Monday to do a survey and estimated 630 cubic feet and will send a quote towards end of this week. Simon

Guest Paula H
Hi Paula,

We had Crown, John Mason and Atlantic out. Atlantic were the most expensive (by about a grand). We went with Crown (middle quote) but bartered them down on price.

We have got our insurance with http://www.insure-your-move.com/ which saved us a bit.

I'm getting stressed now, too much to sort out and not enought time.

Ange xxx

Ang, were their quote fully comp? Did you have to list everything you were taking or just put a value to it?

Paula x

Guest AngPhil
Ang, were their quote fully comp? Did you have to list everything you were taking or just put a value to it?

Paula x

Hi Paula,

One of the companies said a value of £50 000 for a 20 foot container. We don't estimate our stuff at anywhere near that, we put down £25 000, you only need to lsit items over £1 000. We are all about Ikea! The movers are did an inventory, which is enough for them. The quote is fully comp, though. I have heard that if you go through the movers and you don't spot the damage before they go you are not covered (not sure if it is true).

Ang x

Guest Adelaide_bound

We had a not so good experience with the UK side of our removals company (the Aussie side have been fab though), PM me for the name - I wouldn't use them again and would tell friends to not use them either.

With regards to insurance it was tons and tons and tons cheaper for us to go independent with Letton Percival - super easy, lovely chap to deal with and fully covered for a slither of what the removals company wanted to charge us.

Guest SarahWoods
We had a not so good experience with the UK side of our removals company (the Aussie side have been fab though), PM me for the name - I wouldn't use them again and would tell friends to not use them either.

With regards to insurance it was tons and tons and tons cheaper for us to go independent with Letton Percival - super easy, lovely chap to deal with and fully covered for a slither of what the removals company wanted to charge us.

being a somewhat novice I can't work out how to PM, but could you let me know the company you used? Many thanks!

I am thinking of using ReloUK or John Mason - my sister had a table scratched by John Mason for her shipping though - not sure yet how the insurance will go through with them.

Hi, we too used John Mason and they were fantastic from start to finish. The guys that packed everything were great, on time, and not one thing damaged or broken.

And we could track our container to see where it was and when it got to Adelaide the guys here were great with the unpacking too.

We used a company called Letton Percival for the insurance of the goods in the container as they were much cheaper than the what the moving companies were.

Good luck.

P.S I'm off outside to scrape the frost off the car!!!!!!