Got our container delivered, not happy!!!!

Guest vikkiann

Guest vikkiann

I just need to let off a bit of steam and hope others beware using the crap company we used.

We got or container delivered today and would you believe so much was damaged.

I think our insurance claim is going to be more than it cost us to ship the whole house over!

Wardrobes doors are all chipped, so are matching draws, another set of draws is scratched, another sets back has been completely crushed, pictures are smashed and 1 of my leather sofas has a whole in it, god knows how. My daughters expensive wooden kitchens feet have been smashed.

Even the guys who unpacked it sad they'd never seen an international move with so much damaged.

I could scream, we've waited so long for our stuff and loads of it is trashed. They shouldn't be in business. I understand the odd item but this is thousands worth of stuff.

Thanks for reading!

Vikki

xx

Guest Paula H

oh no im so sorry to hear that. how on earth could it have got so damaged. did you speak to anyone there about it? what did they say? we are using that company, our stuff is still sitting in their warehouse since 11th July!!

Hi Vikkiann,

I am really sorry to hear about your furniture it must be so disheartening and upsetting.

We were both looking at shipping companies at the same time ad remember checking quotes with each other - did you go with the company that makes jam? As that who you were going with if I remember.

I know it's the last thing on your mind at the mo but we were thinking of using the above company so would appreciate you confirming one way or the other.

Keep smiling (if you can),

Mis

PS Your message inbox is full

Guest vikkiann
Hi Vikkiann,

I am really sorry to hear about your furniture it must be so disheartening and upsetting.

We were both looking at shipping companies at the same time ad remember checking quotes with each other - did you go with the company that makes jam? As that who you were going with if I remember.

I know it's the last thing on your mind at the mo but we were thinking of using the above company so would appreciate you confirming one way or the other.

Keep smiling (if you can),

Mis

PS Your message inbox is full

You are safe, I didn't use them!

Guest vikkiann
oh no im so sorry to hear that. how on earth could it have got so damaged. did you speak to anyone there about it? what did they say? we are using that company, our stuff is still sitting in their warehouse since 11th July!!

Paula

I'm going to call this ends today, all I can imagine is they must have dropped stuff because it's all heavy furniture that is damaged. I'm so glad now that I over estimated on the insurance!

Guest Crushfamily

Don't expect to be paid out on your furniture they'll offer 10% here for a scratch or 20% for a chip etc... Stand your ground. On the advice of another member I have taken our case to the Insurance Ombudsman.

Guest vikkiann
Don't expect to be paid out on your furniture they'll offer 10% here for a scratch or 20% for a chip etc... Stand your ground. On the advice of another member I have taken our case to the Insurance Ombudsman.

There is no way I'll accept that, they are trashed and need replacing!

Guest vikkiann

I took photos as the stuff was being unpacked and have emailed them across to the insurance company who I believe have started the ball rolling. The furniture can't be repaired without it looking like a bodge job so have sent them url's of replacement costs. Does anyone have any idea of how long an insurance claim takes? Hubby thinks it will be months!

Guest sedgecl

So sorry to hear of what’s happened, our container is arriving early October, it worries me when I hear things like this. If our container doors get opened I truly don't think they will get them closed the container was that rammed.

I hope that you manage to get it all sorted and pleased to hear that you have taken photos...Good luck with your claim...

So sorry to hear of what’s happened, our container is arriving early October, it worries me when I hear things like this. If the container doors get opened I truly don't think they will get them closed the container was that rammed.

I hope that you manage to get it all sorted and pleased to hear that you have taken photos...Good luck with your claim...

Just a reminder, please no name and shame on the forum. If you wish to PM and enquire feel free, but please don't ask for the company name to be posted on the thread. This cannot happen for legal reasons.

Just wondered why people are not allowed to name the company??? Its not as if anything is being nade up about them. Surely if you can name a good company and reccomend them then you can share your bad experiences with a company.

As long as the truth is told then there can be no leagl problems.

Steve

Hi Vikkiann , sorry to hear about your removals , same happened to me but i didnt have insurance ,didnt think i would need it , i used "b.........." / "c....." removals i wouldnt use them again. who did you use ?

Edited by Ricky

Guest vikkiann
Hi Vikkiann , sorry to hear about your removals , same happened to me but i didnt have insurance ,didnt think i would need it , i used brittania/chess removals i wouldnt use them again. who did you use ?

I didn't use them. I don't think you are allowed To name and shame on here, even if it is true!