Shared container packed 11th July, still sitting in their warehouse with no date

Guest Paula H

Guest Paula H

Title says it all really, im a bit peed off!

We have already had to buy blow up beds here and now looks like will have to buy everything when we get out in 5 weeks as we havent been given a date yet. They told us today that they will put in a container going elsewhere and road transfer to Adelaide but again no date of this yet.

:arghh:

Guest Paula H

we have keys for two large tool boxes that has all my OHs tools in that he wouldnt let the shipping co take as they didnt do an inventory of the tools. the plan was to meet the inspectors and open for them, now that is out of the window as it wont go to the port in Adelaide. we have been told for that to happen it'll cost another £300

Guest Adelaideboundsam

I just spoke to our movers who collected our stuff on the 3rd August and was told that it wouldn't be leaving until the end of August or beginning of September. So prob won't get our stuff until after Christmas. We have two large tool boxes in ours too. Is your husband a mechanic?

Guest suttons

was wondering what to do about tool boxes, did everything have to be cleaned up too, as waiting for container could take a while, is that only shared containers or the norm if you have one to yourself ?

Guest Adelaideboundsam

We just cleaned my husbands with jayes fluid. They didn't come up spotless but they smelt clean. Think there more bothered about wood and soil. I sent some of my horses tack and rugs in the container and we were told they had to be spotless and hair free by the movers but they didn't say that about the tools. Fingers crossed everything gets in ok.

Sam

Guest vikkiann
Title says it all really, im a bit peed off!

We have already had to buy blow up beds here and now looks like will have to buy everything when we get out in 5 weeks as we havent been given a date yet. They told us today that they will put in a container going elsewhere and road transfer to Adelaide but again no date of this yet.

:arghh:

It looks like their customer service is as bad as it was with us!

could you not go for a sole use container? I'm sure for us it was only about £300 more.

Just a thought!

When we got here and had nothing after we moved out of our furnished rental, we went on gumtree and got loads of stuff as cheap as anything.

Good luck!

Vikki

xx

We are going back to the U.K. at the beginning of November and are due to get a part container, any room in yours, I presume when its full they will ship it back, cheers, Andy.

Guest Paula H
We are going back to the U.K. at the beginning of November and are due to get a part container, any room in yours, I presume when its full they will ship it back, cheers, Andy.

Hi,

No idea, you would have to contact the shipping comp?

Why you moving back?

Guest RobJ1978

Our container was packed on 28th march and we received it on 18th july.we did garage sales for cutelry,crockery and pans etc. and werent bring beds anyway,fridge/freezer either. i would say garage sale and op shop ur best option...or poat on here bout what you woild like to borrow...people sure are helpful as we have been in the boat!!!

Nic.x.

Guest leeannekays

When our stuff arrived at Adelaide docks it was all moved to a new container. All my husbands tools were inspected. He cleaned them with jays fluid in the uk.

Leeanne x

We have been here 6 years, the daughter,Husband and grandkids came over for a couple of years but her Husband didn't settle so they went back in april 2011, since then the wife has really missed them and so we are going back. I have a good job at a VW Dealer here but its not looking easy to find something around north Manchester where we are returning to, fingers crossed!

Guest CarlyT

Jeez that's terrible!! Ours was packed on 10th Aug and going in a shared container - no shipping date yet (and I'm now preparing myself for a long wait for one!!).

We arrive in Adelaide in 6wks but luckily we have a fully furnished/equipped flat rented for 5wks so fingers crossed it still arrives in time for our long term rental...which will be unfurnished :unsure:.

Bored of sitting on camping chairs now!!!! And I keep looking for things then realise it's in the container - so annoying!!

My OH has to ship his tools too but thankfully we decided to do them seperately (he has to use them up until we leave so no choice really!) - but they are hand engraving tools all with wooden handles, they were his grandfathers, praying we don't have any issues getting them in - without them he can't work :wacko:

Guest CarlyT
It looks like their customer service is as bad as it was with us!

could you not go for a sole use container? I'm sure for us it was only about £300 more.

Just a thought!

When we got here and had nothing after we moved out of our furnished rental, we went on gumtree and got loads of stuff as cheap as anything.

Good luck!

Vikki

xx

Great link - thanks Vikki - we might be needing them!!

Guest vikkiann
cant believe it.... out stuff is being shipped friday with an ETA of 10.12.12 DECEMBER!!!! I feel sick!

Why so long?

It only takes 8 weeks, where is it going via?

Guest CarlyT

We've just been told our container leaves Felixstowe today and will be in Adelaide aprox 21st Oct!!! Didn't think I'd ever get so excited over a container ship!!! :biglaugh:

A nice start to the weekend!!