Furniture Arrived Today!!

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Guest andylynnchriskirst

An update of our progress since arrival in Adelaide!

Our furniture arrived in port on the 2nd August, from leaving our door in the UK on the 12th June.

We went with a firm who had a local office to us, so communication was always brilliant that side. (company name begins with the name of the scatty fish in finding nemo)!! :wink:

The guys were great on packing days, considering we had BIGGER issues to worry about on the day. (but I wont go into that!)

Once it had shipped in, the company this side (first name of Rainer III wife), were excellent! They updated us with a date for quarantine, when quarantine was cleared and gave us a date immediately for delivery. Yesterday, they then gave us a time.

The two guys who delivered it were just as brilliant as the ones in the UK. Really thorough, sorted out all the boxes in no time into the correct rooms. Unpacking most bits for us, and then offering to pick up our empty boxes for free.

For a move this big, and to only get a broken picture frame was just perfect. Thank you to the two companies above! If I am allowed to mention them, I will in another post?????

The house doesn't echo now, and its knowhere near as cold as it was! Now we feel like we can settle down in our new home :smile:.

1 out of 4 of us are in jobs, but we are all being patient! We all have interested companies though, so hopefully within the next two weeks, it'll be 4 out of 4!

Adelaide is just stunning, even in the middle of winter! Doesn't that say something!

Bring on the summer I say!!

The Horn Family xx

Guest CarlyT

We're using the same company and so far everything has been brilliant....but I guess it's still early days so I hope it continues! They came and packed everything for us 2 weeks ago and it's currently awaiting consolidation and shipping. We arrive in Adelaide on 10th October...coming round fast now!!! Glad you're settling in ok...nice to hear!

Guest andylynnchriskirst

Thank you!

Vikkiann, thats terrible, hopefully they'll be able to sort it asap! Would it have been the same guys who came to pack and unpack as we had?

Carly, they were absolutely excellent, obviously, everyone's experiences with the same company will be completely different. Just keep pestering them, asking for dates and updates etc, they will be able to give you them the same day!

Will get back to you now USA :biggrin:

The Horns

Guest vikkiann

The guys who packed it were called Ben and Gareth, I can't remember the name of the guys who unpacked though and it was only 2 weeks ago!

It's all going through the insurance now, the surveyor has been out and done her report just waiting for the payment so we can replace it all

Guest andylynnchriskirst

I can't actually remember the names of the guys in the UK. Well at least it is being dealt with, and hopefully you will be able to get a good payout!

That's the problem with big moves like this, the things you decide to take are either expensive or sentimental (or both), and they seem to pack so fast, you never really know if it's done properly! Although something could have happened while being transported to the port, or on the ship, or being transported this side. There are so many different stages of an international move.

But best of luck with the insurance!

We feel like we can finally start settling in our home now, which is a big bonus while we're job hunting and sorting everything else out at the same time! :smile: