Ship or buy on arrival?

Guest dondon75

Guest dondon75

Hi guys,

We have been doing some research on buying second hand in Adelaide on arrival and then ship boxes instead of using a shipment or a move cube?

However I kept having second thoughts about what to sell and what to bring and best money wise? Any advise much appreciated. We have not had any quotes to house yet!

We are not coming out till April 2013. We need to start selling our stuff.

Help?

Guest andylynnchriskirst

I'd agree with sueoc and vikkiann that it's probably best if you bring everything!

Although, we got rid of our fridge, washing machine, dryer (you won't need that here) etc.

We bought them all again when we got here and got some really good deals. Whether it was the time of year, or whether we got lucky with some good deals, I don't know! :smile:

But will definitely agree with sue, that bedding is very expensive!

We still went through EVERYTHING before we left, and got rid of stuff that was lingering in the attic, clutter, and obviously the things that you can't take.

• 2 weeks later...
Can you please let me know if double beds and kingsize beds are the same sizes in the UK? If we bring our double and kingsize duvets covers and but summer duvets in Oz will they fit?

Thanks

Sally

They should do, but kingsize in the UK is the same as queensize here. The Aussie kingsize is bigger than the UK one.