Transporting 3 cats from manchester, uk to adelaide

Guest deardos

I am transporting 3 cats over from manchester, roughly around april '13 time.

Any recommendations on companies that any of you have used?

I was recommended pet air by my vet so have already got a quote from them. But not sure wether to go silver or gold service. I've heard its a bit of a minefield and very strict so was going to opt for gold for peace of mind and ease.

I've just had them rabies vaccinated. They are up to date with jabs and are microchipped. Is there anything else that i should be thinking about now?

Thanks in advance

Hi Deardos, I would definitely recommend Petair. We used the gold service for our two dogs. It can be expensive but it took all the stress away, we figured we had enough of that with everything else that needed sorting. If you can afford it then it's definitely worth it. A very professional and friendly service from them. Good luck x

Yes do read the bylaws of the council area you will be living in.

Many allow only 2 de-sexed cats per household and you have to apply if you want to keep more. Some have curfews so cats must be in at night. Also any cat found roaming without clear ID is likely to be destroyed. In some sensitive wildlife areas cats can be destroyed even with ID.

People do keep three cats, without problems, but you need to be aware of the laws and bylaws operating in your area.

Just google the council website they are all pretty good and clear on pets. You can even download an application form for permission to keep more than 2.