Just Waving Goodbye

Guest maxfactornackerlacker

Just watching the last few boxes being loaded onto my container, before it heads off for Liverpool port !!

We have used Pearsons for the removal, and so far they have been absolutely excellent - I am very impressed with their packing, and they have individually wrapped almost every single item by hand.

They spent yesterday and this morning packing, and now , this afternoon putting it onto the container.

They have had to really 'squeeze' everything from our 3 bed house into the 20ft container, so it was close to having to leave something behind !

It leaves from Liverpool on 27th December, and is due to arrive in Adelaide on 24th February !!

Hopefully see it then ??

We fly out to Port Noarlunga on the 8th Jan with Singapore airlines.

Exciting times

Max

Guest Cornish Pasties

It's a weird feeling isn't it - knowing that next time you see them will be in Oz! Our 20' was originally scheduled to arrive 18th Jan but date has now slipped to 29th which suits us better as hopefully won't need to store. We are just ahead of you - due to fly from Manchester 6th Jan..heading to Hallet Cove. We are spending Xmas on the Wirral.

Have a fab Christmas in Blighty & have a great flight!

Zoe

Our furniture left our house in Runcorn on 26th September, left Liverpool dock on 2nd October, arrived in Port Adelaide on 28th November and we had it delivered to our house on 13th December!! All goes so quick and I didnt think I would be so excited to see all my stuff again! We living in Seaford Meadows now which is about 3 minutes from Port Nourlunga, maybe see you around!!

Good luck with everything

Em & Si

Hi, ours left the dock on the 19th of dec and is now sailing for oz. we are flying on 29 jan and are also staying in port noarlunga. We will be staying in one of Tamaras holiday homes and then will be looking for something permanent. Exciting times ahead :-)

Our furniture left our house in Runcorn on 26th September, left Liverpool dock on 2nd October, arrived in Port Adelaide on 28th November and we had it delivered to our house on 13th December!! All goes so quick and I didnt think I would be so excited to see all my stuff again! We living in Seaford Meadows now which is about 3 minutes from Port Nourlunga, maybe see you around!!

Good luck with everything

Em & Si

Did you get your sprouts for Christmas??

It's so exciting moving to the other side of our wonderful planet!! We're off to Adelaide in 5wks 3days and are up to our ears in packing at the moment. Boxes everywhere we look!! No Christmas decorations - just boxes!

I wish everyone a fab Christmas and a Safe, Successful and above all, a very Happy New Year!

love xx

Did you get your sprouts for Christmas??

It's so exciting moving to the other side of our wonderful planet!! We're off to Adelaide in 5wks 3days and are up to our ears in packing at the moment. Boxes everywhere we look!! No Christmas decorations - just boxes!

I wish everyone a fab Christmas and a Safe, Successful and above all, a very Happy New Year!

love xx

Ha Ha yes I did thank god! It is exciting but also a little scary making the move but we have been here about 9 weeks now and love it.

Have a happy christmas and an exciting new year!

Hi all,

thanks for the replies, and also great to hear that I have a few people in exactly the same boat .... pardon the pun :) !!!

I typed the initial post a little bit too early ...... ended up having to leave 3 pieces of furniture, as we couldn't fit it all in the container !!.. If i had the time again, i would have prioritised the furniture, and considered the things that i really wasnt that fussed about, and asked those to be loaded last ?

We are now at the father in laws house for the next 2 weeks until we leave for good. Plenty of leaving parties, and am becoming an emotional wreck with all of the goodbyes :(

See you all there soon.

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update.

Just been sent the container number from the shipping company to trace it's journey........ our container has been in Rotterdam Holland since new years eve, and is leaving there today. It doesn't state where it is going next though ??? ....

I have no idea what sort of route these ships take ? ... any ideas anyone ??

Oh yeah, and we leave in 3 days !!!!

Cheers

Max

I'm not sure which route. The most logical to me is via the Suez canal then Indian ocean. There is the old clipper route round Africa and past Cape Horn. I've no idea which the cargo ships may take though.

If you are able to track your shipping I am sure you'll see soon enough which way it is heading :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Chris_J

Stop worrying about it, I never checked ours once. Seriously you'll have better things to do when you arrive like sorting everything else out. Keep some money aside for storage and potential issues. We had to keep our container in storage after the 10 or 12 days it took to clear through AQIS. 3 weeks cost us something like 500 or 2.5 weeks did.