Silica gel sachets -where is best to buy from?

natasha2106

Hi all, we have Robinsons coming in two weeks to pack up our house and I am just starting to get the clothes freshly washed ready for shipping, I have the bounce sheets at the ready but was wondering where the best place to buy the silica gel sachets as the couple I have looked at are quite expensive especially for the amount I think we are going to have to use.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

natasha

Hi Natasha:

Sounds like you've reached nail-biting time to me. We're also leaving at the end of January and the butterflies are having a ball!!

Re the Silica Gel sachets, I agree with NicF 100%. Your belongings won't suffer at all in the time it takes to ship them from the UK to Oz. We've made the big move twice (1974 and 1993) and never used silica gel at all. It might be different if you were storing your things for a long time (years), but you won't need silica sachets for a few months container-storage.

You'll have plenty of other jobs on your 'Must Do' list, so if I were you I'd cross that one off. You'll be fine.

I wish everyone on PIA/PIO the very best of New Years yet!!

Hi, when we moved in 2011 we used John Masons and most of our things were wrapped in moisture repellent packaging. When our things arrived here it was all fine, even the clothes were still 'just washed fresh'. I wouldn't bother with the sachets that will show up on the scan at the port and will probably have customs wondering what they are.

Happy New Year!

Guest AngPhil

We vacum packed with silica and bounce tumbled dryer sheets, everything arrived fresh as the day it was packed. Bought from ebay, but got in touch with one of the sellers and they gave us a discount, spent about £25 and I think it was worth it.

Happy packing :)

Hi all, we have Robinsons coming in two weeks to pack up our house and I am just starting to get the clothes freshly washed ready for shipping, I have the bounce sheets at the ready but was wondering where the best place to buy the silica gel sachets as the couple I have looked at are quite expensive especially for the amount I think we are going to have to use.

Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

natasha

personally i would ask.. alison brain if she is dealing with you to provide as part of the deal.....