Had the chance Again

Guest dwethe

We are packing our house in about 10 weeks, and the usual what do we take what will we need.

If you had the chance again what you bring differently........

We are bringing a container and have space, so can bring other things if it is cheapier this side.

If you are bringing your beds then extra bedding would be on my list (well, it is anyways). Towels, bed linen and the like. I've bought new duck down duvets in recent times also to bring with us.

I'm not bothering bringing any curtains as tbh the windows are bigger there and none of mine would fit so will start over in that department.

If you have a container and it all fits, unless its stuff you really don't want any more I'd bring it. You can always ditch it once you unpack if you find you don't need or want it any longer.

I would fill the container to the rafters.You will find that compared to what you pay in the UK,goods of even reasonable quality are expensive.Everything you replace here will eat away at your savings.As has been said before on here,you Haemorrhage dosh big time in the first few weeks.Best of Luck.

:swoon:well the good news is that Oz Elect supply is also 240V (nominal) at 50Hz AC. So if you can bring all of your small electrical goods / HiFi etc and either switch over the plugs, or buy a set of travel converters, or bring some UK power boards and have the plugs switched over on them. Just get a friendly class A sparky to check the wiring for insurance purposes, and remember to bring a full set of the inline fuses.

Adelaide has a Mediterranean climate so your winter gear needs to more or less what you would need for a midwinter break in say, Athens:

-layers of cotton and lightweight shower stuff seems to work best.

Setting up house: if you don't want the expense and hassle of bringing all the furniture and heavier white goods consider in the first instance:

- hire what you need

-or buy second hand till you really are settled in.

Regards the container: are they delivering it direct to an address...if not double check what demuurage fees will acrue while you get a place

JB

We are packing our house in about 10 weeks, and the usual what do we take what will we need.

We are bringing a container and have space, so can bring other things if it is cheapier this side.

I would go to Next/Asda/Tescos and buy underwear/tshirts/shorts in the next few sizes for your kids. PJ's too. those types of things tend to be more expensive here and lower quality - especially cotton. We brought cheap kettles, toasters, food processor, etc and had plugs changed as they are so much cheaper. I'd bring everything. Even vegetable peelers add up - chuck them in!!