Cheap one way flights

Guest Kazzamkelly

Guest Kazzamkelly

Hi everyone we've got our visa now and are sorting the dog and house, flying over end of sept 29th, we have been looking all over the net for cheap flights and the best we could get from Manchester to Adelaide are with Singapore airlines a 23hr flight with an hr stop at Munich and an hr and twenty min stop in Singapore which is great for us as we will have our 3 yo boy with us and don't want to be hanging round in airports for long, also I emailed them and they said on production of our visa in Manchester we can have double luggage allowance for all 3 of us which is great, all this for £646 each has anyone found any cheaper flights or better deals with other airlines, just thought I'd share and ask as it may help others

Thanks

Karen

Sounds Great to me - Singapore are regularly voted the best airline for the UK to Aus trip, having flown with them with young children I can certainly see why. I would add that we broke the journey up in singapore and took a 36 hr break there - well worth it! Singapore Airlines offered a cheap hotel (they own many of them) and we got refreshed, saw the night safari and had an amazing time before continuing our journey.

NWM

That's a bargain!

Have you looked at Emirates? When my sister came over in February she paid just over £700 per person return from London

You can get return flights for almost the same price as a single - fine if you are planning on visiting home within 12 months of departure but you won't get the double baggage allowance with a return ticket (Emirates do have a generous baggage allowance to start off with though)

NWM

Guest patsmb
Hi everyone we've got our visa now and are sorting the dog and house, flying over end of sept 29th, we have been looking all over the net for cheap flights and the best we could get from Manchester to Adelaide are with Singapore airlines a 23hr flight with an hr stop at Munich and an hr and twenty min stop in Singapore which is great for us as we will have our 3 yo boy with us and don't want to be hanging round in airports for long, also I emailed them and they said on production of our visa in Manchester we can have double luggage allowance for all 3 of us which is great, all this for £646 each has anyone found any cheaper flights or better deals with other airlines, just thought I'd share and ask as it may help others

Thanks

Karen

Singapore airlines are the best in my opinion (have flown with most of the big names on long haul ) If you join their Kris flyer (its free to join ) you can often get a stopover for a couple of days at bargain prices well worth it just to break up the journey

Hi Karen,

take it you have tried Skyscanner. This is the best place to look for flights and also hotels.

We booked with Qantas in Feb but fly with Emirates. This was £600 each adult one way stopping in Dubai This is the shortest overall distance flight ro Adelaide:

[TABLE=width: 980]

[TR]

[TD=class: indentwhitetext, width: 610, align: left][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: whitetextbold, align: left]Flights[/TD]

[TD=class: whitetextbold, width: 460, align: right]free-australian-offers.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=class: boldtext-black, width: 350, align: right]Flight Total price incl. of taxes and fees £599.65[/TD]

[TD=width: 10]rightcurve.gif[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #EEF3FF, colspan: 4][TABLE=width: 980]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: left][TABLE=width: 972]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15, align: left][/TD]

[TD=class: heading1, width: 85, align: left]Depart[/TD]

[TD=width: 569, align: left][TABLE=width: 569]

[TR]

[TD=class: contant, width: 60, align: left]Depart[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, width: 60, align: left]1415[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, width: 100, align: left]Thu, 25Apr[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, width: 349, align: left]Heathrow(LHR), London, United Kingdom[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: contant, align: left]Arrive[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, align: left]0015[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, align: left]Fri, 26Apr[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, align: left]Dubai Intl Arpt(DXB), Dubai, United Arab Emirates[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 303, align: left][TABLE=width: 343]

[TR]

[TD=width: 140, align: left]QF.gif[/TD]

[TD=class: heading1, width: 152, align: left]Qantas Airways QF8002

Economy

Operated By Emirates Airlines[/TD]

[TD=width: 1, align: left][/TD]

[TD=width: 10, align: left][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 972, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: left][TABLE=width: 972]

[TR]

[TD=class: bodytext, align: center]Connection of 01 hours 50 mins in Dubai Intl Arpt(DXB), Dubai, United Arab Emirates[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=bgcolor: #FFFFFF, align: left][TABLE=width: 972]

[TR]

[TD=width: 15, align: left][/TD]

[TD=class: heading1, width: 85, align: left][/TD]

[TD=width: 569, align: left][TABLE=width: 569]

[TR]

[TD=class: contant, width: 60, align: left]Depart[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, width: 60, align: left]0205[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, width: 100, align: left]Fri, 26Apr[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, width: 349, align: left]Dubai Intl Arpt(DXB), Dubai, United Arab Emirates[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: contant, align: left]Arrive[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, align: left]2005[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, align: left]Fri, 26Apr[/TD]

[TD=class: bodytext, align: left]Adelaide Arpt(ADL), Adelaide, Australia[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD=width: 303, align: left][TABLE=width: 343]

[TR]

[TD=width: 140, align: left]QF.gif[/TD]

[TD=class: heading1, width: 152, align: left]Qantas Airways QF8440

Economy

Operated By Emirates Airlines[/TD]

[TD=width: 1, align: left][/TD]

[TD=width: 10, align: left][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

We are stopping in Dubai for a week to try and de stress after all that we have been trying to cram into the last month I really need it:arghh:. Also, going into the winter when we arrive and after the winter we have just had really need some sun :-).

This is AED 2450 plus 20% in TAX (£600) for 7 days at the 4 star Akas appartments in a 1 bedroom appartment, good reviews:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/ae/akas-inn-apartment.en-gb.html?aid=340064;label=hotel-67308_T-1_Pool-couk_Slice-99999;sid=350ddba49bb7a4b01451b217fb5d6758;dcid=1;checkin=2013-04-25;checkout=2013-05-01;highlighted_facilites=104;srfid=e3bf2e7499dc4552aabb4e272ba68e80097e3b3bX11;tab=4

Please can you give details on how you got the extra bagage allowance as this I wasn't aware of???

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen: That sounds like a fantastic deal, especially with double baggage allowance. Grab it with both hands, I say! The months will fly by, I promise, although there will be times when it feels like forever. There's a helluva lot to do between now and your departure date: six months is no time at all in the scheme of things. I wish you great good luck! bhx

Your flying about the same time as us although we are into Singapore first for the f1 Grand Prix then on to Adelaide although we do have return tickets. Ours came to circa £800 the pair which I know was a very good price so booked on the spot back in December.

Thanks

Karen

Hi Karen

Myself, partner and 19 month old daughter are flying with Singapore Airlines on the same flight you mentioned in July. We booked those flights are those were by far the cheapest, even including travelling from Glasgow and an overnight in an airport hotel. Also the shortest journey and with a toddler on our knee we just want to get there as soon as possible.

I have emailed Singapore Airlines on numerous occasions and have found their customer service to be fantastic. We have had confirmation that both my partner and I get double baggage allowance and that we get 10kg for our toddler plus 2 out of buggy/car seat/travel cot. They have also booked us bulkhead seats as we may need a bassinet for our little one and we have booked a meal for a toddler as well.

Obviously we haven't flown yet but if you want to keep in touch I can tell you all about it when I get there. Even have a wee meet when you arrive.

Nicola

Really like that Skyscanner site....:-)

The only thing I found with Skyscanner is they show a price but if you click through to book it quite often doesn't exist. For flights from here to UK I have been using zuji, bestflights, and jetabroad which all seem to offer fares which are actually available. I was disappointed with Skyscanner as when I first tried it the prices looked very competitive, and being able to look over a whole month seemed good, but as I say, clicking through on a fare offered quite often revealed the catch! One fare was offered on their first search at $1700... then when you clicked on it there was nothing less than $2300.... must be a bug in their site, I think

We have flown with Singapore Airlines twice to OZ and both times we found them exceptional. We have also flown with Cathy Pacific who are quite good as well however we feel Singapore Airlines is slightly better and we are due to book our flights any day now for our one way trip.

We have had a good look and found the one way flight prices ranged between £600 & £630 so i think these are the prices on here are about right.

We dont have children however on our last flight to Oz there were a few children on board and the lovely stewardess couldnt do enough for them, they were brilliant.

Nat & Gaz x

Guest Kazzamkelly

Hi Nicola

yeah that sounds great,

where are you in the uk?

were in Nottingham but were travelling up to the meet up in Runcorn on Sunday, be good to catch up then or if not possible for you guys over in Oz, so excited

Karen

Hi Karen

Myself, partner and 19 month old daughter are flying with Singapore Airlines on the same flight you mentioned in July. We booked those flights are those were by far the cheapest, even including travelling from Glasgow and an overnight in an airport hotel. Also the shortest journey and with a toddler on our knee we just want to get there as soon as possible.

I have emailed Singapore Airlines on numerous occasions and have found their customer service to be fantastic. We have had confirmation that both my partner and I get double baggage allowance and that we get 10kg for our toddler plus 2 out of buggy/car seat/travel cot. They have also booked us bulkhead seats as we may need a bassinet for our little one and we have booked a meal for a toddler as well.

Obviously we haven't flown yet but if you want to keep in touch I can tell you all about it when I get there. Even have a wee meet when you arrive.

Nicola

Hi Nicola

yeah that sounds great,

where are you in the uk?

were in Nottingham but were travelling up to the meet up in Runcorn on Sunday, be good to catch up then or if not possible for you guys over in Oz, so excited

Karen

Hi Karen

We are just outside Glasgow so no meet for us. I will PM you my email if you want to add me on FB.

Nicola