Fridge and freezer

Guest Helen Pryse Lloyd

Guest Helen Pryse Lloyd

I had a removal quote yesterday and he said the fridge and freezer would work in oz but suggested if possible we replace before we go out as it won't work very well out in oz...won't be efficient, will be noisy as its uk bought its used to uk climate not the warmth of oz. your thoughts please?

I beleive they are suggesting that it will not work efficiently, obviously the hotter the fridges surroundings then the harder it works and the higher your electrical bills hence why it may be cheaper in the long run to buy an A rated fridge.

S

Mine works fine as well. I certainly wouldn't replace your fridge and freezer in the UK because they are all made for the European market and none of them will be as efficient in Australia once it gets hot. Also the fridge spaces in kitchens here tends to be a different size to the fridge space in the UK. Bring your existing ones and if you find they don't work very well then buy new ones here. Incidentally I have a fridge that is about 14 years old that works just fine as well as a more modern fridge and freezer. All are in the family room and we barely notice the sound of any of them.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent advice from NicF, we brought ours over and it works just as well as it did in UK. However, they tend to be shorter and wider here so ours wouldn't fit in the kitchen space for it as it's pretty tall. The main problem is that in a lot of kitchens they will leave space for the FF but then have a kitchen cupboard running over the top of that space so you have a height restriction.