Uk TV'S

Guest rooney74

If you can't do without Foxtel, there's something wrong in your life style. Free-view provides plenty of options for "normal" viewing times. Sure, You can't get much English footy, but you're in Australia now. Time to pack up your former toys and live the life under the Aussie banner.

If your English tv is other than a digital flat screen leave it behind.

Doug, any English TV with a set top box will work.

Maybe so, but is it worth bringing an old style 'box' type?

Zebedee, I was aiming my comments at the 'about to depart' members, not the Senior Members who have been here for a (long) time. Must ask though, are you not prepared to 'get more aussie'? Australia is, after all, your adopted country.

My opinion, anyone not prepared to become 'aussyfied' should consider going home or not coming at all.

Maybe so, but is it worth bringing an old style 'box' type? Zebedee, I was aiming my comments at the 'about to depart' members, not the Senior Members who have been here for a (long) time. Must ask though, are you not prepared to 'get more aussie'? Australia is, after all, your adopted country. My opinion, anyone not prepared to become 'aussyfied' should consider going home or not coming at all.

Oh, its just your comment was straight after my post that's all. We don't have Foxtel btw - I generally hated TV in the UK and find the amount of adverts here make me watch even less of it (hence my comment). I catch Doctor Who, the odd doco, bit of the ABC news, not much else. With the wonderful weather here why would you want to be indoors much anyway?

I think I (and the family) are getting in to the Aussie groove quite nicely, I like the vibe, love the vast countryside and the only thing I miss about the UK is my friends and family and perhaps the odd ramble through English woodlands. And badgers. Badgers are cool.

"A little voice inside my head said, don't look back, you can never look back".

Guest Crushfamily

Contrary to other answers - depending on the age as to whether you need a STB. We have a 3 year old Sony HDTV that was an average model and this picks up all stations including HD ones here in Adelaide. If you have an SD TV you will definitely need a box for some stations as there are a few that HD only!

Contrary to other answers - depending on the age as to whether you need a STB. We have a 3 year old Sony HDTV that was an average model and this picks up all stations including HD ones here in Adelaide...

Correct, some Sony sets do work, as per the comments in the sticky I posted before.

I think I (and the family) are getting in to the Aussie groove quite nicely, I like the vibe, love the vast countryside and the only thing I miss about the UK is my friends and family and perhaps the odd ramble through English woodlands. And badgers. Badgers are cool.

"A little voice inside my head said, don't look back, you can never look back".

Been here 35 years and still miss English woodlands.

Hockley Woods.jpg Hockley Woods, Essex

Aye.....that green....there is a magic to English woodlands on a fine summers day that I don't think you will find in any other part of the world. I made the mistake of playing I Vow to Thee My Country whilst looking at pictures of Devon hills the other day...wife in tears...10 year old boy took of to his bedroom upset, me *foot in mouth*. Powerful stuff.

Having said that, the bleached colours of the gums, the shadows they cast and that Aussie light is equally as addictive...just in a different way.