Flights to Oz June and July!

Guest Devon

Guest Devon

Hi all just a quickie. I have to return to the UK for a few weeks in a few weeks time. I booked my return flight two weeks ago and it cost nearly $3000.00 to return back to Adelaide in July :arghh:- unfortunately I don't have a choice with my dates so had to pay it.

The reason I am putting this thread on is to warn people who are looking at booking flights to Oz for June and July that if you find the flights too expensive, check the months either side. I was horrified at the cost being so much more than usual:realmad: I asked why it was so much more and was told that most flights to nearly all Australian destinations have gone up for June and July this year due to the Pope's visit to Oz in July and the number of people coming to Australia to see him!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Django
most flights to nearly all Australian destinations have gone up for June and July this year due to the Pope's visit to Oz in July and the number of people coming to Australia to see him!!!!!!!!!!!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why do people want to fly all the way to Oz just to see him when they could just fly (or drive) to Rome. :wacko::biglaugh:

Pete

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why do people want to fly all the way to Oz just to see him when they could just fly (or drive) to Rome. :wacko::biglaugh:

Pete

Pete, they are not going to see the Pope they have heard that hopefully that will be the first golf round by the flaming gallahs in oz. :biglaugh:

So come on chap get that visa and get ur membership ready your needed!

ps he has been warned to stand behind you !!:P

It probably has more to do with flying to Europe at peak time of summer, like if you try to go at Christmas, the price is heaps more than if you leave in January. It doesn't usually matter when you come back. A good place to look for discount flights and specials is www.bestflights.com.au , they advertise all the earlybird specials and any short time sales when the airlines need to sell off the seats. Some of the flights fly out of Melbourne only, but sometimes it's worth it still.

Rachel

Guest Devon
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why do people want to fly all the way to Oz just to see him when they could just fly (or drive) to Rome.

Pete

That was exactly what I said to the lady - she reminded me that a lot of people this end of the world want to see him so it is quicker for them to see him in Oz :unsure:

Flights are usually more expensive at that time of year I agree, however when I did the same trip last year it only cost me $1200.00!!! :err: That's what made me query why it was so much more

Was reading yesterday that people who work in Sydney CBD are being advised to take the time of work whilst Pope is there as three quarters of the CBD will be closed! His visit seems to be causing more of a stir than anyone else:wacko:

Guest sarahsmartiepants
That was exactly what I said to the lady - she reminded me that a lot of people this end of the world want to see him so it is quicker for them to see him in Oz :unsure:

Flights are usually more expensive at that time of year I agree, however when I did the same trip last year it only cost me $1200.00!!! :err: That's what made me query why it was so much more

Was reading yesterday that people who work in Sydney CBD are being advised to take the time of work whilst Pope is there as three quarters of the CBD will be closed! His visit seems to be causing more of a stir than anyone else:wacko:

He'll be popular there then!!! Dont get the atraction myself...maybe I am missing something!:unsure:

sarah