Pit falls of shipping company

evojoan

Just thought I would share our experience & our furniture has not even left the companies yard. The removal van arrived at 10:30 and the staff were efficient, polite and everything seemed to go without a hitch and they left at around 2pm. All's well so I thought until I received a phone call from the depot advising that we had gone over our cubic feet by as much as a fridge freezer and could we pay £158 or go to the depot in Nottingham to collect the items. They didn't quite put it as blunt as that but in a nut shell that's our choices !! The quote was considerably out !! Has anyone else experienced this and if so could they offer some advice ! Now worried about what's in store at the other end !!! Thank you x Jo

Guest Adelaide_bound

Usually it is in the small print that if they have under quoted for space, that's their problem not yours so go over your contract - its something I checked with all of the shippers that quoted for us (and got it in writing/asked for where I could find this in writing) as it was something we had a massive issue with, with previous removers within the UK that took 2 years of legal and other dealings to get sorted (which eventually it did, but not before the Ombudsman got involved and then had to threaten them with court if they didn't comply with their ruling, as they weren't doing what they should....argh).