Like Tree3Likes
    • 1 Post By vikkiann
    • 2 Post By Adelaide_bound

Thread: Pit falls of shipping company

56 times

Angry Pit falls of shipping company

Just thought I would share our experience & our furniture has not even left the companies yard. The removal van arrived at 10:30 and the staff were efficient, polite and everything seemed to go without a hitch and they left at around 2pm. All's well so I thought until I received a phone call from the depot advising that we had gone over our cubic feet by as much as a fridge freezer and could we pay 158 or go to the depot in Nottingham to collect the items. They didn't quite put it as blunt as that but in a nut shell that's our choices !! The quote was considerably out !! Has anyone else experienced this and if so could they offer some advice ! Now worried about what's in store at the other end !!! Thank you x Jo
      Started Visa Process -15 April 2012 Skilled Nominated or sponsored (Provisional visa) (Subclass 489) Visa allocated- Friday 7 June 2013. Arrived in Adelaide on 3 September. So far so good

Aldinga Beach
      353 times
      Are you using the company you've mentioned in previous threads? DB?!
      You may be lucky, we found them a total waste of space though!
      evojoan likes this.

Felixstow, NE burb :) Heaven!
      588 times
      Usually it is in the small print that if they have under quoted for space, that's their problem not yours so go over your contract - its something I checked with all of the shippers that quoted for us (and got it in writing/asked for where I could find this in writing) as it was something we had a massive issue with, with previous removers within the UK that took 2 years of legal and other dealings to get sorted (which eventually it did, but not before the Ombudsman got involved and then had to threaten them with court if they didn't comply with their ruling, as they weren't doing what they should....argh).
      evojoan and Blossom like this.
      Our 33,000km ish trip around Oz - have a look here (also good for tips on equipment and holiday places ) Our moving and living here blog :)

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move