Which Airline?

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has flown over on Qantas airlines, I think they do cheaper one way flights? Heathrow-Adelaide. If you have flown with them were they OK?

Laura

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone has flown over on Qantas airlines, I think they do cheaper one way flights? Heathrow-Adelaide. If you have flown with them were they OK?

Laura

Dont know about Qantas as never flown with them but we have found Singapore Airlines cheapest all round and when on reccie found them to be excellent. Hence we going back with them on a one way ticket this time!! And as we are on permanent visa we get double baggage allowance at no extra cost.

Im sure someone on here has and can give you an honest opinion of qantas having flown with them

Guest cornish Busdriver

We flew with Quantas on our reccie last year.

They subbed out to BA on the way out but from Sydney to Adelaide and all the way back we were on a Quantas plane.

Theres a little more leg room on the Quantas than BA, The meals were better than BA, the cabin crew were friendly not like BA. Over all would defently recomened Quantas over BA.

Will never fly BA again if we can help it.

I have flown qantas a while back, they were ok, clean, helpful etc, but singapore airlines is better, more upto date with passenger comforts. You could also look at Cathay Pacific, they fly direct via Hong Kong. Perm Residents coming in seem to get the best deal with extra luggage allowance.

My brother who flies a lot will never fly BA ever again due to making him miss his flight with beaurocratic argy bargy over his slight over weight baggage and sending him off to a closed excess baggage terminal. Also heard food is bad on BA.

I have also flown Philipino airlines ....... into stopping at every continent on the way, extending the flight.

Rachel

hi there

We have just done our Recci and flew Qantas there and BA back. Qantas were much much better than BA. Food better, no sure about the leg room as hubby is 6ft 2 but service overall was great. The plane was cleaner too. The kid food on BA was like dog food very disapoointing. But I would fly again with Qantas.

kimberley x

Guest The Dog Comes Too

hi, we flew with quantas this february. The plane broke down on the tarmac at heathrow and we had to change planes! This took 5 hours! Missed our connecting flight....daughter sick from london all the way to hong kong! and because of the missed connection we ended up in melbourne! The staff were great with my daughter though. Apart from this we thought they were ok but the food was poor. I have flown with Singapore to OZ before (a long time ago) and they were really good.

Hi there,

we flew with Qantas when on our reccie last year, the flights were good and you are well taken care of on board, snacks, drinks (alcoholic/soft & hot) at anytime throughout the flight. The staff are very attentive.

When we came over just a few weeks ago on our one way, we chose Cathay Pacific due to the cost, the flight was good, no problems, but even though we flew around the same time of day as we did on our reccie, the lights went out and that was it! When you had your dinner there were 2 drinks then nothing.

Qantas tv/movies, you can start/pause and stop these anytime you wish, with pull out remote controls for the kids to play games, but on Cathay Pacific the tv/movies were on at set times and you couldn't start/pause/stop whenever you wanted which was a bit of a pain, cos they always brought you your dinner at the best bit of the movie!

As I said the flight with Cathay was good but just think Qantas have a bit more attention to detail and it is a long flight so you want to be as happy and comfortable as possible, for me it was the little extra things that made it.

Guest Andrea&Andrew

Hi

We arrived just over 2 weeks ago and we flew Qantas all the way. Could not fault them. On flight entertainment was great for the kids and us. Food was nice. The flight crew could not do enough for us. Drinks, water, ice creams always on offer. My daughter was unwell on the flight from Bangkok to Sydney and the air crew could not do enough. They offered to check if there was a doctor on board and also had medical professionals to speak with if she got any worse, fortunately she did not and did recover. Plenty leg room and a great flight. Just one negative, we could only take 20kgs each, but there again, I don't think we could all have carried 40kg!

Andrea :)

Guest the4hopes

Thanks everyone, not sure whether to use Singapore or Qantas, as we may not be able to book too soon in advance (house sale etc) depends which one offers the best price on booking.

Laura

Guest swampo
Thanks everyone, not sure whether to use Singapore or Qantas, as we may not be able to book too soon in advance (house sale etc) depends which one offers the best price on booking.

Laura

Hi there, We are doing a reccie in May and flying with Qantas via Singapore and Melbourne on the way in and Sydney/Singapore on the way back. Reason for Qantas - cheapest for the round trip + car hire.

We are coming for good in October and flying with Singapore Airlines. Reasons - good proce for one way fare (booked through Airline Network), reccommendations from folks on this forum, 40kg luggage allowance for permenent visa holders. Quantas do a migration fare which allows additional luggage allowance but the cost was massively expensive.