Storage places?

Guest MandiMR2

Guest MandiMR2

Can anyone recommend any storage companies local to Melrose Park please?

I'm here in Adelaide now on my visa validation & research trip, with plans to return permanently in Jan & will need storage facilities for our 20ft container of belongings that will shortly follow our arrival.

It would be good to visit any suggested places whilst I'm here to compare quotes & included services.

Advance thanks & appreciation for any help.

Mandi

Have you already sent your container then? Usually the shipping companies will offer some storage at one end or the other if you need it but unless you are going travelling then most people are usually in the situation of having a long term rental organised before their container arrives. We stayed in the UK for 7 weeks after sending our container and managed to time it that we picked up the keys to the long term rental just a couple if days before the container was delivered. I'd just check the phone book or google for places if you're going to visit.

Edited by NicF

Guest MandiMR2

Thanku, I'm well aware of using the phone book & google to aid my research, I am seeking personnel recommendations from fellow members who have used any such companies for storage.

I was trying to be helpful by explaining that most people don't need storage therefore you might not get many responses, but I will be happy to be proved wrong. Given it usually takes 9-10 weeks for them to get here it's quite unusual for people to have containers arriving before they get long term rental and you don't often here people asking about it unless they are going to be travelling. Hopefully someone will be along to help though.

Guest MandiMR2

Thanku & many apologies if I sounded ungrateful at your post, I should have explained my situation more clearly in view that I appear to be in the minority to require storage. My hubby & I will be staying with a friend initially for a few months until we find suitable long term rental, so consequently we need an alternative place to store our household belongings. Yes I've had a quote from the shipping company we've assigned, but it will remain in Port Adelaide & we would prefer storing it closer so we can gain access more conveniently. I just wanted to compare other storage companies, plus I'm a huge believer in supporting local businesses.

Thanku again, Mandi

• 4 weeks later...
Guest MandiMR2

As there have been 244 views, I thought I'd share my findings with anyone else wanting to know about storage...

U.Store.It at their Melrose base charge $291 per month for 3x4m unit & $342per month for 3x5m unit. At their Ashford base it is between $295-366 per month. They offer a 5% discount for 6 months stay. Access is Mon-Fri 8.30-5pm. Sat 8.30-4pm & Sun 8.30-12pm. $15 admin fee.

Kennards will store a 20ft container on site for $250 per month. Unit price for 6x3m is between $350-$420 per month. Access is Mon-Fri 8.30-5.30pm. Sat 9-5pm & Sun 10-4pm. $20 Admin fee.

Store Ur Stuff charge $ 234 per month for 3x3x3 unit, $337 for 4.5x3x3 unit & $396 for 6x3x3 unit. They offer 30% off 1st month for 3 months stay. 10% off per month for 6 months stay. Access is daily 6am-8pm. You can pay extra to gain access 24/7. $27.5 admin fee.