Advise on collecting from Adelaide Port

Guest sithewindows

Guest sithewindows

We have just had an email from shipping company to say our container has arrived we need to pay an extra $552 and then we can collect. I migrated to Perth a few years ago and the furniture was delivered to our home. Am I missing something? Thought we would get an email to say where do we want it delivered.

Is there anything on your paperwork about the removal company that is used this end? We've been here a few years but used Anglo Pacific to bring our stuff over and they used Kent Removals this end. It may be that the removal company will contact you in the next few days to arrange delivery

There are costs involved this end that are not included in your shipping costs, this is for quarantine inspection, then there may be other costs if the AQIS people want to check anything or open boxes etc, they cannot release goods until the fee is paid. It is weird however that you've not been contacted by the people moving it this end, they should be the ones sorting all this out for you and then you pay your fee/ do the paperwork through them, we have just had the same thing via Kent International so if you've not been told anything about this end I suggest you contact whoever you used from the UK as its pretty bad you don't know whats going on as it should have been explained to you who was moving you from the UK?

Guest sithewindows

Have paid now so will see what happens tomorrow.

Is there anything on your paperwork about the removal company that is used this end? We've been here a few years but used Anglo Pacific to bring our stuff over and they used Kent Removals this end. It may be that the removal company will contact you in the next few days to arrange delivery

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

I'd be checking your paperwork if I were you. Ours was door to door and it was the removal co that contacted us this end and dealt with it all. We had no direct contact with the shipping company at all.

Guest sithewindows

That is exactly as it happened for me last time in WA, but this time I decided to shop about and choose the cheapest company, something that I have been advising my customers against for the last 20 years! I now have to pay another $2250 to get stuff from port to McLaren Vale. Serves me right, well that's what I have been told today.

I'd be checking your paperwork if I were you. Ours was door to door and it was the removal co that contacted us this end and dealt with it all. We had no direct contact with the shipping company at all.

Guest vikkiann
That is exactly as it happened for me last time in WA, but this time I decided to shop about and choose the cheapest company, something that I have been advising my customers against for the last 20 years! I now have to pay another $2250 to get stuff from port to McLaren Vale. Serves me right, well that's what I have been told today.

Surely it would be cheaper just to hire a truck and go and collect it yourself?

:arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

Guest Mrs Bon Jovi

:shocked:

I'm with Vikki. I'd be hiring a truck and collecting it myself! Who wants $2250 to deliver it?!?