Air cargo to get our stuff to oz: Has anyone done it?

Guest ingyfikry

Guest ingyfikry

hello everyone! We will be arriving in December. We want to ship some of our basic stuff (books, small kitchen appliances, diving equipment, linens etc) by air cargo using emirates or singapore airlines since we do not need a container as not getting our furniture. But all the little things add up in cost so we thought we would take some stuff and then buy the bulky furniture new when we arrive.

The companies that will fly this aircargo and release it from our airport know all info from the outbound airport but have no idea what happens on the other side in oz. I saw online in Australia customs website that everyone has the right as a PR to ship personal stuff and they call it UPEs and we have to fill in a declarartion form.

But all logistics are not clear!

Did anyone ship by air a few cartons? If so, Where do we collect the stuff??

Did you pay anything for release and customs on australia side?

Do we have to collect it immediately?( it reaches in three days not like the shipping containers).

What companies did you use??

Any info would be highly appreciated!!

Thankyou very much

Ingy

hello everyone! We will be arriving in December. We want to ship some of our basic stuff (books, small kitchen appliances, diving equipment, linens etc) by air cargo using emirates or singapore airlines since we do not need a container as not getting our furniture. But all the little things add up in cost so we thought we would take some stuff and then buy the bulky furniture new when we arrive.

The companies that will fly this aircargo and release it from our airport know all info from the outbound airport but have no idea what happens on the other side in oz. I saw online in Australia customs website that everyone has the right as a PR to ship personal stuff and they call it UPEs and we have to fill in a declarartion form.

But all logistics are not clear!

Did anyone ship by air a few cartons? If so, Where do we collect the stuff??

Did you pay anything for release and customs on australia side?

Do we have to collect it immediately?( it reaches in three days not like the shipping containers).

What companies did you use??

Any info would be highly appreciated!!

Thankyou very much

Ingy

When we came out 7 years ago we sent 14 boxes air freight with Excess baggage.Sent the day before we left and arrived day after we did.Cannot tell you how much as company paid.We also had a 20 foot container .

It was delivered to us great service but as I said not able to tell you the cost.

Hi there

We sent a LOT by Excess Baggage. It arrived before us, got delivered to our address, no extra charge. Would def recommend. In our case it was because we weren't organised enough but turned out to be the best option. You can get quotes per kg from the excess baggage companies at the airport prior to your trip.

Guest ingyfikry

The excess baggage companies quote for this side but said that we have to collect and pay at adelaide airport ourselves and they do not know how much and what we will have to pay. That is why I am hoping someone faced the same thing so I can know what and how much to pay .

Thanks everyone. Hope someone can shed some light still.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ingyfikry

Thanks henley girl. We are arriving in december so will probably use the excess baggage companies. I will probably email daff and customs to get a full picyure before I send stuff. Thanks:))