Airline Price Match

Tamara (Homes Down Under)

I have flown with Jetstar many times and didn't know this.

My son has decided to take his girlfriend to Melbourne next month for the valentines break. (Don't know where he gets that from...certainly not his father! :biglaugh:).

Anyway, he was looking at flights and the different times.

There were early morning flight prices on Jetstar but they changed to a more expensive price ($80 each) later in the morning. He saw a price on Tiger airlines that was much cheaper and was within an hour of the Jetstar flight so he gave Jetstar a call. They matched the price and gave an extra 10% off. Instead of paying the online price of $160 for two tickets he paid $80 and there wasn't any booking fees or add ons.

I will make use of this in the future and thought that I would let other people know as it will apply to the other Jetstar routes. It really is worth checking to see if anyone else has a cheaper flight even if you might not want to fly with the other carrier.

Tamara

Edited by Tamara (Homes Down Under)

That's a great tip Hun thanks for sharing, I have to fly a bit for work so will make use of this in future. Although saying that we have tended to stick with virgin to get our points up as I'm a silver member on their rewards card. It paid off when just before Christmas I won a competition of$10,000 in flight vouchers. Just no money to go just yet.

Guest Claire-n-tel
just before Christmas I won a competition of$10,000 in flight vouchers. Just no money to go just yet.

Oooohh!.....lucky bugger! you could go anywhere on that! Can you use it on accomodation etc? a friend of ours won "flight vouchers" but was allowed to spend them on a cruise with a sister company, all she took was a few hundred $ for spending!

Oooohh!.....lucky bugger! you could go anywhere on that! Can you use it on accomodation etc? a friend of ours won "flight vouchers" but was allowed to spend them on a cruise with a sister company, all she took was a few hundred $ for spending!

Thanks Hun we needed some luck, I just need to get the all clear to fly then we can look at it more

Guest Claire-n-tel

Ahhh....bugger! They gave me all clear to fly in stages, so watch out for that one! be thinking you might only be able to fly within oz, or to nz or bali.......here was us ready to jump on a plane to uk!......that wasn't for another 6 months!

Good luck :jiggy: