mobile phones

Leeallott

We got ours unlocked before arriving and just brought SIM cards, you can get some good prepaid ones initially with cheap rates to phone the uk etc and really simple to set up, and then once you have found out what you will need you can get a contract or stay prepaid, we use amaysim flexi and have found them to be amazing everything rolls over each month, and can call the uk for cheap from the mobile.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MandiMR2

My partner & I arrived last Tues, with our UK mobiles unlocked & obtained pre-pay sim cards the next day & they both work fine. We will look at contracts once we've an idea of our average usage We have the Samsung Galaxy S2 & S3. Remember to save your contacts to the phone, which I only remembered to do at the airport!!! Also if you're not already aware of whatsapp its the greatest communication app ever, ideal for chatting to family & friends back home for free!!

Guest MandiMR2

We was a little nervous too, which is perfectly normal when moving thousands of miles, but we are loving it & I'm sure you will too!!! We love the weather, with no worry of rain!! love being able to have our morning coffee in the garden, love walking around outdoors until early evening in just shorts & t-shirts!!! It's been a busy mad week!! Ironically reflecting the "mad march" season here in Adelaide!!! We have been so busy doing stuff like opening bank accounts, getting SA driving licence, tax file numbers, Medicare, ambulance cover, police checks for work, course info for my partners A-Licence to work as a sparky...so very busy, but we have now become well acquainted with the city & where everything is lol we're now looking at buying a car, which is a completely different process but pretty easy to get your head around thankfully. Also done lots of fun things too like catch up with friends over BBQ & beers, visit the beach...lots, visit the Fringe festival & go to the Clipsal races. So overall it feels like we've been here much longer then 12 days!!!! Please ask if you need any more info about anything & I'll try my best to help, Mandi x