shipping tomorrow

samandcraig

Kettle, mugs, tea bags and some cake :wink:

On the packing side, I'd make sure all the stuff you don't want packed and shipped is put in one room that is already empty and the door shut and you tell them not to touch that room.

Also make sure any of the things you plan to ship that need cleaning are all spick and span and ready to go.

The first suggestion isn't possible unfortunately as we are in my mams house to both her things and our things are in the one house, so I will have to keep a close eye on them!! I could end up with half of her things out in oz!!! Ha ha

thankyou so much for the msgs of support.....everything has hit me like a tonne of bricks, just trying to keep sane for the day!!! Xx

Good luck, Samandcraig! As already said. Make sure everything outdoorsy is clean and give it a quick spray with jeyes fluid:-)

Very exciting. Seems such a long time ago for us even though it's only been a few months. You'll be here and settled before you know it! x

We have a storage unit which is where the majority of our items are, they said they can't pack down there as there is alot of dust therefore it isn't clean enough! So they will bring everything up to my mams to re pack, so fingers crossed they should be able to see what they have brought to the house! I will have to keep an eye on them!! All outdoor things done, tools nearly done! So just trying to keep sane at the moment!!! :wacko:

cant believe, after reading everyone else's posts, following everyone else's steps, its actually our turn!! i cant sleep and i have been feeling sick!! PSS will be here in 2 hours and im still trying to think what to take and what not to take! although everything has already been sorted!! fingers crossed it goes smoothly and quickly......

Just thought I would let everyone know how the first day has gone.....we chose PSS and all I can say is so far so good, we have possessions all over the place (Craig's work unit, my mams shed and my mams house) yet nothing has been to much trouble for them, very friendly and professional, they will come back tomorrow to continue and load onto container. This morning I was pretty worried about today and in the end had no need to be! Obviously I can't say what it's going to be like at the other end, but I'm taking it day by day and today was better than expected :)

Yes, it's all very scary and exciting at the same time, samandcraig. You asked in an earlier post for any tips about what to bring with you: well, one brilliant tip I picked up on PomsInAdelaide a few years ago was to pack a UK 4-socket powerboard plus one UK/Oz adaptor in your suitcase. You'll no doubt be bringing mobile phones, cameras, ipods, tablets, shavers, hair-dryers etc., which will all need charging/power (sometimes all at the same time, which can be a real hassle when you've only got one adaptor to do the lot!). Truly, I can't emphasise it enough, as it turned out to be one of the best tips ever, and we found our powerboard to be invaluable! It'll also save you having to go out and buy new Aussie appliances while you're settling in and trying to 'watch the coppers' until you get established. It's a brilliant tip, and I wish I could say it's all mine, but I can't: that honour belongs to another PIA member, to whom I'm very grateful. I'm merely passing it on. Good luck!!!

Edited by barbaitch

Yes, it's all very scary and exciting at the same time, samandcraig. You asked in an earlier post for any tips about what to bring with you: well, one brilliant tip I picked up on PomsInAdelaide a few years ago was to pack a UK 4-socket powerboard plus one UK/Oz adaptor in your suitcase. You'll no doubt be bringing mobile phones, cameras, ipods, tablets, shavers, hair-dryers etc., which will all need charging/power (sometimes all at the same time, which can be a real hassle when you've only got one adaptor to do the lot!). Truly, I can't emphasise it enough, as it turned out to be one of the best tips ever, and we found our powerboard to be invaluable! It'll also save you having to go out and buy new Aussie appliances while you're settling in and trying to 'watch the coppers' until you get established. It's a brilliant tip, and I wish I could say it's all mine, but I can't: that honour belongs to another PIA member, to whom I'm very grateful. I'm merely passing it on. Good luck!!!

thankyou, yeah we had read it on hear awhile back so we did pack some xx

thankyou, yeah we had read it on hear awhile back so we did pack some xx

That's good to know, sac. I pass the powerboard tip on every time someone asks the question: 'Any tips on what to bring?', so perhaps you picked it up from one of my earlier posts? (Or even from the same source I got mine?) Either way, it's a goodie. Next time it crops up, I'll be there again, passing it on... Or maybe, who knows, you'll beat me to it next time? LOL! Have fun, hun!

That's good to know, sac. I pass the powerboard tip on every time someone asks the question: 'Any tips on what to bring?', so perhaps you picked it up from one of my earlier posts? (Or even from the same source I got mine?) Either way, it's a goodie. Next time it crops up, I'll be there again, passing it on... Or maybe, who knows, you'll beat me to it next time? LOL! Have fun, hun!

Definitely a good one. Exactly what we did. One UK extension and one Aussie extension, on every double socket. Keeps everyone...especially the kids, happy :-)

Also bring your favourite toiletries, enough to keep you going until you find the same here or an alternative. These little creature comforts help til get settled.x

Edited by wen66