Cost of shipping our dog over!!!

Alexsnell10

Probably a few thousand pounds, give or take.

Have you had all the rabies bloodwork etc done to be able to fly them over at Christmas? Its a good few months if not longer to get that organised.

I'd give Bob over at Pet Air a call or email and enquire about costs. https://www.petairuk.com/

Quarantine is now 10 days iirc and its pretty pricey, that is extra to the shipping and bloodwork etc. Christmas may be busy.

There are other pet shippers you can research and get quotes from also. And ensure your vet is up on requirements for bloods etc.

Yes it's around that we shipped ours the other way cost almost as much as the four of us to fly but there was no way I was just gonna give her up to anybody cause I was moving we did a rabies check and then she couldn't fly for 6 months she just stayed with us we had no quarantine she then had another bloods once she got the all clear she then flew she was on a seperate flight to us as she went back before us and was met by family be careful too the shipping container to actually pay for in The cost they asked my family if they wanted it and that it was paid for ended up being very handy. Just did a rough Google but says going this way they need to spend at least 10 days in quarantine so obviously different this way

Hi guys,

Does anybody have any past experience or any info on the costs and process of having a dog shipped over from the UK?

We are keen to have our Choc Lab shipped over around Christmas time

any info would be great 

thanks steve

we found it costs depends on the size of your dog, and it can be expensive. We used Golden Arrow Shippers who were probably a tad more expensive than others but were fantastic and built a cage specially made for our boy so he would be comfortable. They took him a couple of days before he flew so he could also get used to the cage would definitely recommend them.

We are in the process of sorting things out to take our dog to Adelaide He has had his rabies shots and blood test gone off to confirm its taken - they can tarvel 180 days after the blood test was taken ( provided it works ) We have had a couple of quotes around the £2500 mark with around $1450 for quarantine it's about $145 a day Then the cost of flying him down to Adelaide is on top

I forgot to say when I posted that I printed some formation off from the Aussie website and scanned it to PDF - if you would like it emailed please pm me You need the Australian permit before you can book quarantine and there is only 1 quarantine station now based in Melbourne so seemingly they get booked up all in advance