Rust on tools.

sueoc

Hi,our shipping agent has told us that the aussie customs do not allow rust to be present on items coming in to the country.Lots of my tools in the shed have surface rust on them.How strict are they?Is this as major an issue with them as soil particles on items shipped?And as the shipping agent will be packing our stuff,will they refuse to pack anything with any sign of rust on it.Thanks Sue.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi,our shipping agent has told us that the aussie customs do not allow rust to be present on items coming in to the country.Lots of my tools in the shed have surface rust on them.How strict are they?Is this as major an issue with them as soil particles on items shipped?And as the shipping agent will be packing our stuff,will they refuse to pack anything with any sign of rust on it.Thanks Sue.

Brush off the loose rust and wipe with a oily rag, I wouldn't have thought rust would be a danger to anyone,

Guzzler

I can assure you that's simply not true. I shipped quite a few that had rust on them and did nothing more than give them a wipe over and a spray with WD-40 to protect them in transit.

Worry more about the cleanliness of your shoes and camping equipment.

Paul.

Guest chippie74

we sent 5 boxes over with tools in them and not 1 box had been open.i spent 2 days cleaning all the oil/rust ect off.win some lose some!!

Guest dinawayneandkids

we are shiping tools over and have been told just to make sure they are clean so we are gettin the guy who steam cleans our carpets to do our toola and bikes bbq etc

each firm says different things good luck :wubclub:

Guest theforrests

We shipped a whole load of garden tools over (OH was a Landscaper in the UK). Before we started packing, several shippers told us to clean them with Jeyes fluid which we duly did (OH spent 2 days in the garage - and we thought the entire container would end up stinking of disinfectant!). Got straight through AQIS (Quarantine service) without any probs - which was a relief!

Sarah