When to book tickets?

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

We are hoping to be leaving the UK the end of Sept/Oct when do we need to buy plane tickets, or is it too late!?? I have no idea!!!

Thanks

Laura x

Guest Trakki

Hiya, I have not done this yet but have been looking at prices of air fares over the last few weeks and it seems that the nearer you get to when you want to leave the more expensive it is. If you book at least 6 weeks in advance it seems to be cheaper. So if I was you I would book asap.

Hope that helps

Guest njacinthebox

Hi,

If you pick an airline, we always travel with Singapore Airlines, you will find they have different price times, for example we are travelling August and before the 15th is much more expensive than after. Its a case of just inputing lots of different dates and seeing how different they are or ringing through and reservations can tell you the cheaper times. We are travelling August as I said and booked our flights last month, the earlier you book the cheaper the fare with schedule flights and you can choose your seats also a bonus for such a long journey.

Good Luck !

Jacqui

We got our visa on the 30th January and booked our flights on the 31st to leave on the 27th February, we were just so desperate to get here that we took the reasonable fare to get here.

My parents are coming over in November (for a holiday) and they have been searching the internet for flights over the last couple of months and found that if they booked them within 3/4 months of flying they had a better selection than the way we did it.

Good luck x

Guest Deb17

We booked our flights in April to fly out in July and were glad we did because they didn't have any seats left on a lot of them (although I did specify flying with Qantas which of course narrowed it down a lot.) We got into Oz by the skin of our teeth, two days before the visa 'use by date'. I'd book as early as you can and you may be able to get a cheaper deal. Our flights for 2 adults and 2 kids came to 2,400 (2 years ago) but I know of people who flew out part way with Emirates and got a better deal, nearer the 2 grand mark.

Guest njacinthebox

We booked our flights beginning of June to fly 18th August and our flights cost 1,600.00 pounds for 2 adults and one child with singapore airlines on that new plane they have the A380. We have flown with singapore several times and love it, tried emirates once and wasnt so impressed. By the way the flights we booked June have now gone up 40 pounds since we booked and when we was looking much earlier in the year we could have booked and saved ourselves 200 !!!! How annoying so the earlier the better.

Regards,

Jacqui

Guest dinawayneandkids

we too fly on the 18th August with singapore have never flown with them before have always gone with quantas but singapore offer the most direct route and they were cheaper. deffo better booking earlier if you can we paid as much for one way as we did returns last year but we booked 10 months in advance!maybe see some of you on our flight

I have been reading reports on the new A380 as is now being used by Singapore on some London - Singapore - Sydney flights.

The general reading is that the A380 does not offer anything better than a Jumbo Boeing 747 as the seats are the same pitch 32". The seats are said to be harder than on a Boeing, and generally are more incomfortable. Having said that, the A380 is said to quieter to travel in.

We flew on a Virgin Airbus from London to Hong Kong and onto Sydney 2 years ago and I found the seats uncomfortable then, so maybe this has something to do with the design of the Airbus seats.

Malaysia is probably best, as they have 34" seat pitch in economy, and do regular flights into Adelaide, often slightly cheaper. The only downside that I can think of is that Kuala Lumpur airport is not as good as Singapore. Very clean, but little to do when you have a few hours to wait.

Guest swampo

Hi as a recently 'retired travel agent' my advice is to book as soon as possible as the closer to the departure date the more expensive the flights get. I booked our one way fare (leaving the UK in October) way back in December and have been keeping my eye on the prices since, amazed at how much they have increased. Good luck

Guest njacinthebox

Hi Dinawayneandkids,

Which airport will you fly from on 18th August? My daughter is very impressed this time with some of the movies showing on singapore airlines as they are ones she has wanted to see so she is looking forward to that, how old are your children?

Have you arranged where you will stay when you arrive?

We have never been to adelaide before have you ?

Jacqui

Guest dinawayneandkids

Hi Jacqui

we are leaving manchester @ 9:50am we have 3 kids Jessica(8), Lucy(5) and Niall (2) how old is your daughter? how did you find out what films are on?

I have been to Adelaide twice 15 years ago and for christmas last year we will be staying with family but they are trying to sort us out a rental before we get there what part are you going too?

sorry about all the questions

catch you soon dina

No its not to late. We booked directly with Singapore airlines, it was really easy & we had a stop over on the way. Previously we flew to Brisbane with JAL (Japan airlines) who IMO are NOT so good, I would not recommend them anyway.

We booked our flights around April time, once we had exchanged contracts, for September 3rd.

Good luck, try Malasia as they are pretty good to especially with little ones.