Sat nav or paper maps?

Jay & Lou

Guest chillyanna

Hi, i dont think it will be just a case of updating your sat nav for your trip to adelaide. i think you will have to buy the australia map from the website of the maker of your sat nav.

i have the old tom tom 510 and when i move over to adelaide i wont be buying a new map costing £70 i will sell my tom tom here and buy a new tom tom XL with australia map when i get there. but i would rather use a sat nav than old paper maps, much faster and simpler. although there is the cost side of it, good luck

regards

paul

Guest Django

Having looked at maps of Adelaide for the past 18 months or so I can't see the need for sat navs. Adelaide is a small place and i can't see it taking long to be able to find your way around.

I would save your money and get a map.

Pete

Having looked at maps of Adelaide for the past 18 months or so I can't see the need for sat navs. Adelaide is a small place and i can't see it taking long to be able to find your way around.

I would save your money and get a map.

Pete

erm you might be suprised, even though youve been looking at maps Adelaide can take a while to get to know. I still used my sat nav in manchester even though i knew the place very well, dont be suprised that things arent as simple as you think when you get here x

Guest marty

I agree looking at a map does help you take in the area rather than listining to your Nav but the real reason for me answing you is what make and model Nav do you have if it is the same as mine I can let you copy my maps but there is a catch I need a copy ok UK Maps, I have upgraded my nav and now dont have a copy, dont want to buy one cost too much and I have to go to UK in Sept for a few days

Guest lippy

Hi

We had a sat nav when we were over on our reccie and it was great but since we have moved here all we have used is an A-Z. It is really easy to find your way around.

Julie

Guest graandjac
forget to say been here 30 years and believe me you need a sat nav, the UBD (AtoZ) for the poms in the UK is always out of date

The UBD is a good send and very upto date thats why its revised every year , have found it to be VERY accurate , but i also know some people who use there sat navs and find them great to use. cheers Graham

Nothing wrong with paper maps, never had a problem. Mind you sat navs might work here...........................ive only ever come accross a couple of one ways!!!

Guest Martin and Val

We have used our old Tom Tom in Oz and was pleased we had it with us. However it didn't want to play one night and we still found our way back to the hotel.

We downloaded the map a few years ago and to be honest wouldn't go with out it. After a while you may not need it so much but at first it's better to keep your eye on the road not a map!

7_6_8.gif

Don't forget you will most likely visit other areas of OZ in the future so it won't be a waste of money.

12_7_23.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb113&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

We bought a UBD when we did our reccie last year and took it back with us. Gave us a chance to look up areas again when we were on real estate after we had returned to the UK.

But, since arriving in March, my OH uses the UBD, but he drives pretty much everywhere now and is getting very used to the roads. I on the other hand use a satnav, I can navigate with a map but can't find my way there when driving myself without the aid of the lovely man in the box called Tom x

I still get lost in Hallett Cove, let alone being let loose on the streets without my trusty box!

Some are good at it, some aren't.........I'm one of those who wouldn't leave home without it!

Guest Guest75
We bought a UBD when we did our reccie last year and took it back with us. Gave us a chance to look up areas again when we were on real estate after we had returned to the UK.

But, since arriving in March, my OH uses the UBD, but he drives pretty much everywhere now and is getting very used to the roads. I on the other hand use a satnav, I can navigate with a map but can't find my way there when driving myself without the aid of the lovely man in the box called Tom x

I still get lost in Hallett Cove, let alone being let loose on the streets without my trusty box!

Some are good at it, some aren't.........I'm one of those who wouldn't leave home without it!

It's a great idea to take a UBD back from a reccie trip.

I'll not comment upon a certain young lady who said "Oh I've got a Tom Tom - I'll find you!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I'll not comment upon a certain young lady who said "Oh I've got a Tom Tom - I'll find you!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

OOOOhhh, that would be me then!!! I only go where Tom takes me......although I'm still waiting for the dinner invitation but he only takes me through all the back streets and gets me lost!!!!:P

Guest Martin and Val

We got lost once with Tom Tom and Val said what a waste of money it was. But like I said to her Tom Tom wasn't to know as he hadn't been there before either!!!!!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Martin

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Give me the UBD anyday! Used a sat nav once stupid thing, daughter put 1 letter wrong on the postcode and we were heading up to north London:arghh:. Good job I remembered the way and realised before we went too far.

Seroiusly though I think it is not hard to get lost in an unknown place but in ADL you can get straight back on track quick the roads mostly go north - south east-west.

I can see how you can get lost in HC its the only part of ADL that has bendy roads other than the country type roads!

sarah

Guest marty
The UBD is a good send and very upto date thats why its revised every year , have found it to be VERY accurate , but i also know some people who use there sat navs and find them great to use. cheers Graham

Hi, I did not say the UBD was not good but by the time it is a few months old it is out of date in the new and expanding suburbs, Golden Grove for one and the Seaford area for another for a start. If you are not looking for streets in the burbs you can't go wrong as along as you remember the hills are in the east, you can also follow the bus stop numbers if you count down you will always end up in the city where you can start again. As long as you can find South, North, Cross or Grand Junctiion Roads you can get any where.

:)

Guest Sharon and Paul

Hi , well my mrs thought it would be good to get a map now ? new map arrived its about 6 years old nice one Sharon ill drive you give me the directions ? race.gif . p_confused.gif.

Guest woody crew
I agree looking at a map does help you take in the area rather than listining to your Nav but the real reason for me answing you is what make and model Nav do you have if it is the same as mine I can let you copy my maps but there is a catch I need a copy ok UK Maps, I have upgraded my nav and now dont have a copy, dont want to buy one cost too much and I have to go to UK in Sept for a few days

Hi Marty, we have 2 sat navs, we have the navman 510 and the navman F10 (i think) if its the same as yours we will do you a copy of england map for a copy of your oz one! that is if you have not already got one.Might need 2 tell me how 2 do it!:biglaugh: