Price of one way flights

Guest Aussie pat

Guest Aussie pat

We have been quoted a figure of £2449 inclusive of taxes for a one way direct flight (Singapore Airlines) from Heathrow to Adelaide on 18 November.

3 over 12's paying £464

1 under 12 paying £349

£177 tax pp

Does anyone know if this is a fair price? It would be interesting to know what others are paying for a similar date. We aren't doing a stop over to break the flight.

Hi

We are flying out on the 7th October and have paid £530 one way each with tax flying Cathay Pacific. We are also stoping over in Hong Kong on the way. This was booked with Airline Network.

Claire

Guest kfoley0681

oh lucky you we are going on the 3rd of august and its costing us £3190 for 2 adults 2 kids and an infant! we are flying cathay pacific!

Guest grants

We are flying out one way on 18th September via Singapore on Singapore Airlines and we paid £2700 for 3 adults (14 year old son included) and 1 childs fare for 10 year old daughter.

We went on a reccie back in May and paid £2700 for return flights so it really has gone up due to fuel increases.

We were impressed with Singapore airlines and this time we have a 3 day stop over to explore Singapore. :biglaugh:

Guest swampo
Hi

We are flying out on the 7th October and have paid £530 one way each with tax flying Cathay Pacific. We are also stoping over in Hong Kong on the way. This was booked with Airline Network.

Claire

Hi we are flying out 9th October with Singapore Airline, also booked with Airline Network (they are part of Gold Medal Travel so very reputable). run a small travel agency and could't beat Airline Network's prices even taking off the commission. We paid £1056 in total for two one way fares, although I would imagin this has gone upconsiderably due to the rise in fuel costs.

Other good ones to try are Travel Bag or Trail Finders.

Guest deanrm

Hi

We are flying on 24th August with Singapore Airlines. We paid £2200 for 2 adults and 2 kids (5 and 6). We booked on their website and it could not of been easier.

We are flying to Singapore on the A380 (OH well excited), nearly booked the earlier flight out of Heathrow which would of meant we did not get the A380 and would of just had longer in transit as there is only one flight out of Singapore to Adelaide a day.

I know its not the be all and end all, but you never know that extra bit of leg room might make all the difference.

Trisha

Guest allencarter2004@yahoo.co.

We are flying with Singapore Airlines, also one way, on 31 Aug. For 3 adults our total is a little under £1800.

Hope this helps.

Guest Bodie

We made the big move in Jan of this year, and paid 2400 for one way flights from Belfast. Worth mentioning to those from Northern Ireland on the forum who are considering the big move, Singapore airlines are part of the star alliance group, that includes British Midlands. If you get your booking on one ticket, they will check your bags in at the City airport (George Best), the next time you see them will be in Adelaide,therefore no mucking about at Heathrow, I've spoken to people who had to collect bags from T1 and then check in at T3 their words -'nightmare'. The City staff were really helpful. I was the only family member travelling on a Visa ( my wife & kids are Australia citizens) but they were very flexible and generous with the baggae weight quota. 40 kg for me and 20 kg for each of the other 3, totalling 100kg. Baggage weighed in at about 125kg, they waived the charges.

We've made the trip about 10 times in the last 12 years and have always flown with Singapore, the Krisflyer points/card is worth having and the cabin service is great especially when flying with babies, infants or young kids.

good luck enjoy your flights.

Hi

We are flying on 24th August with Singapore Airlines. We paid £2200 for 2 adults and 2 kids (5 and 6). We booked on their website and it could not of been easier.

We are flying to Singapore on the A380 (OH well excited), nearly booked the earlier flight out of Heathrow which would of meant we did not get the A380 and would of just had longer in transit as there is only one flight out of Singapore to Adelaide a day.

I know its not the be all and end all, but you never know that extra bit of leg room might make all the difference.

Trisha

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news Trisha, but my mum flew back from Adelaide on the A380 and said it was awful, very cramped and claustrophobic. My mum's well known for moaning though, so maybe it's not that bad!

Guest Aussie pat

Thanks to everyone who has replied. We've found all of your comments really helpful. Goodluck and safe journey to everyone who is about to leave.

Guest Deb17
Don't want to be the bearer of bad news Trisha, but my mum flew back from Adelaide on the A380 and said it was awful, very cramped and claustrophobic. My mum's well known for moaning though, so maybe it's not that bad!

She wasn't the only one; we had the same experience - no legroom at all on the A380. Then we had a little stop off in Darwin that certainly wasn't on our tickets when we booked them! 2 years ago we paid 2,300 for 2 adults & 2 kids to fly via Singapore with Qantas (I didn't care we were paying extra - I wanted to be SAFE!) Then, at the check in desk, realized the plane was a British Airways 747 and nearly wet myself. :shocked:Still, could've been worse - might have been an Air France jumbo as apparently they're interchangeable on that route - in which case I wouldn't have left Heathrow! The B.A. 747 had snotty stewardesses and headphones that didn't work, but at least there was a bit more legroom.

Guest graandjac
She wasn't the only one; we had the same experience - no legroom at all on the A380. Then we had a little stop off in Darwin that certainly wasn't on our tickets when we booked them! 2 years ago we paid 2,300 for 2 adults & 2 kids to fly via Singapore with Qantas (I didn't care we were paying extra - I wanted to be SAFE!) Then, at the check in desk, realized the plane was a British Airways 747 and nearly wet myself. :shocked:Still, could've been worse - might have been an Air France jumbo as apparently they're interchangeable on that route - in which case I wouldn't have left Heathrow! The B.A. 747 had snotty stewardesses and headphones that didn't work, but at least there was a bit more legroom.

Looks like your move to oz was doomed from the start:shocked:...!!!!!!cheers Graham

Guest katsmajic

We flew on the A380 - and held it up and made it late for take off :biglaugh:

we reckon it was the smoothest and most comfiest flight we have ever been on, from the uk to singapore we didnt hear "were bored" once out of our 4 kids.

the staff were lovely, the food was fab, films/games etc - massive choice.

cost about £2500 for all of us = 4 adult tickets & 2 kids tickets. and got the excess baggage allowance.

Guest chillyanna

i would like to ask is it part of the visa requirement that migrants enter australia with a one way ticket only and if so why is this the case. i have heard this before but would like to try and confirm it.

cheers

paul

Guest chillyanna

ah thats good then cause a return ticket is cheaper on our 2nd leg there.

we will be ok with the baggage allowance as we fly via brazil with a stop off there to visit my wife's rellys. we fly with lufthanser to brasil with 2 cases of 23kg each, then from brasil with LAN chle via chile/new zealand with allowance of 2 x 32kg each.

thanks for the reply

Guest val diffin

hiya

we have just booked flights with cathay pacific one way on 8/9/08, 3 adults and 1 child costing £2816 from glasgow to adelaide stopping in hong kong for 6 hours, singapore were £500 dearer

val