anyone a mechanic,need your advise please

kjc79

hi,

we arrived in june and have done the getting rentals and finding kids a school and getting cars etc but from the first week we got this rav4 it has been back twice as apart from the handbrake being loose - now sorted - the brakes seem to have a loud rhytmical squeek once warmed and applied that the dealer that i bought it from cant seem to hear ????!! :confused:

the drums have now been cleaned and the second time we were advised that the front pads were re-stuck in or something but they dont know where the noise is coming from and if i took it up again then maybe take the forman out to show what we mean.:arghh:

with it being right in the city centre and we live moana way i just want to know what it could be so i can take it back up to the dealer within its 3 month warrenty to get it fixed hopefully without wasting petrol back and forth then finding that i need new discs and shoes etc a day after the warrenty runs out!!!.

so could anyone pllease point me in the right direction of a good cheap garage/mechanic that could have a look what it is.if its just noisy pads then oh well but ive had squeeky brakes before and it never sounded like that:)

its had new pads etc in january as the service history says and the car starts and seems to run fine its just the brakes shouldnt be making that kind of sound i dont think.

hope you can help

thanks

kath x

First you have to find out which wheel is making this sound.

Best way is to jack up one wheel at a time and turn the wheel with your hand.

Make sure you choke the back wheel if you jack the front wheel and vise versa.

It might not be the brakes. If it is only making a sound when it has warmed up. It could be the wheel bearings:sad:

First you have to find out which wheel is making this sound.

Best way is to jack up one wheel at a time and turn the wheel with your hand.

Make sure you choke the back wheel if you jack the front wheel and vise versa.

It might not be the brakes. If it is only making a sound when it has warmed up. It could be the wheel bearings:sad:

thanks for your reply,

it does only seem to be obvious once driven for a few mins(10 ish) or so and if brakes are applied. will have to pop it into a garage to check that it aint the wheel bearings though as that sounds expensive lolx:err:

thanks again

kathx