car hire on arrival?

Guest isandev

Guest isandev

Hi everyone,

We are arriving in Adelaide on the 18th August, we have sorted a house rental for a month but are unsure about car hire. Anybody got any suggestions for good companies with good prices, also should we do it for 3 maybe 4 weeks what does everybody usually do as obviously we will need to buy one fairly soon.

Thanks Fi

Try Aussiecarrentals - http://www.aussiecarrentals.com.au.

Ali and Brian are top people, would really recommend them, the cars are reliable and reasonably priced (I know if you mentioned the yellow forum they will pick you up at the airport free of charge and take you to the office to fill in the paperwork!) Child seats are supplied free and they lend you a road map. Also should you buy a car while you have the rental car they will let you take the car back early and refund you.

As you can tell I used them and would highly recommend them!

Lea

Guest Libby1971

We hired for 3 days, drove up and down adn shopped.

Found out which areas were good for cars and when the rental car went back we sued public transport to get around for the cars. We bought one, gave the bloke a $500 deposit for a $10k car and he let us drive it off and return with the rest of the money the next day. Can you imagine it?

The company Lea mentions is good. I have seen them bring a family back from the airport and help them load up the hire car and have child seats.

Libby

Guest Unch&dougs

We used acacia car hire - www.acaciacarentals.com.au

They are really cheap and while they don't have new cars - ours was a 15 year old people mover - they are reliable and the staff helpful even collecting us from the airport. They threw in a streetmap and 2 child booster seats and heaps of helpful advice.

We christened it the Mystery machine due to it's resemblance to another people mover (I drew the line at wearing a cravat though)

Guest Guest75
Try Aussiecarrentals - www.aussiecarrentals.com.au.

Ali and Brian are top people, would really recommend them, the cars are reliable and reasonably priced (I know if you mentioned the yellow forum they will pick you up at the airport free of charge and take you to the office to fill in the paperwork!) Child seats are supplied free and they lend you a road map. Also should you buy a car while you have the rental car they will let you take the car back early and refund you.

Lea

Seconded:)

Great people to deal with :)

Guest isandev
Our plan is to pick-up a cheap 2nd hand rental in the 1st couple of days, and look to upgrade it in a couple of months....

We arrive a few days behind you on the 22nd Aug.

Wherbouts are you renting ?

Si

We have got a short term rental in Seacombe Heights for four weeks. We are hoping to settle in the Flagstaff Hills area if we can find a good school.

What about you? Have you gone for short term or longer? How are you feeling at the moment ? Is your a**e twitching like mine is:unsure:?? Only two weeks now and still cant really believe we are doing it and dreading the goodbyes.

Gavin

Guest Unch&dougs

We are in a short rent in Seacombe Heights - possibly the same one you are heading for?

We'll leave it clean and tidy!!!

If you want any info on the area etc just ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Try Aussiecarrentals - www.aussiecarrentals.com.au.

Lea

Thirded - we hired a car from them - we sorted the hire out for two weeks but bought a car within the first week. We took the car back and Ali just gave us a refund for out unused days - no quibble, picked us up at the airport too. The garage that we bought our car from gave us a car to use until our car was ready to drive away - no cost to ourselves.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Tyke, could I use them while im in Adelaide and drop it off in Melbourne do you think?

Hi,

Worth giving Hertz a call, we had friends over last month who hired a car from Adelaide and dropped it off in Sydney, 5 days cost them the grand total of $44.50, sometimes if they have a vehicle out of position it can be your luck day,

Guzzler