Booking online with Singapore Airlines

Guest the4hopes

Guest the4hopes

Hi to anyone who booked online with Singapore Airlines, do you know before you pay where you will be sitting, and whether you will sit together. Just about to book but would like to know this first.

Thanks

Laura x

Guest isandev

Hi Laura,

We booked with Singapore Airlines and choosing seats is part of the process. We booked early and were lucky in the sense that the flight was wide open and we could have sat literally anywhere.

Good luck

Hi Laura,

We booked with Singapore Airlines and choosing seats is part of the process. We booked early and were lucky in the sense that the flight was wide open and we could have sat literally anywhere.

Good luck

hi fiona did you stay in singapore for a stop off we are thinking off doing this for a break for the kids to have a stretch of their legs,, thanks suexxx

Guest isandev

Hiya Sue,

We fly a week on Saturday but we have booked into the transit hotel in the airport. We have an 18 hour connection and the hotel is ideal to have a kip, wash and swim. I believe there is loads to do in the airport as well. We are not going into the city as we have been before and although well worth the trip we cannot remember anything there that would interest the kids.

When are you flying?? I see you are in the mother in laws, we are in the same boat five of us in a two up two down!!!!!!!! No murders YET!!!

Hiya Sue,

We fly a week on Saturday but we have booked into the transit hotel in the airport. We have an 18 hour connection and the hotel is ideal to have a kip, wash and swim. I believe there is loads to do in the airport as well. We are not going into the city as we have been before and although well worth the trip we cannot remember anything there that would interest the kids.

When are you flying?? I see you are in the mother in laws, we are in the same boat five of us in a two up two down!!!!!!!! No murders YET!!!

thanks fiona let me know how it goes we will most probly do the same as you and stop over for afew hours. yes in mum in laws going round the twist!!!!!!

thanks again fi

suexxx

Guest the4hopes

Thanks for that, I will get on with it.

How are you feeling, its so near now, I'm really scared already, the excitement seems to have gone!!

I'm sure it will come back!!! Have a good journey, and maybe see you the other side.

Laura x

Guest isandev
Thanks for that, I will get on with it.

How are you feeling, its so near now, I'm really scared already, the excitement seems to have gone!!

I'm sure it will come back!!! Have a good journey, and maybe see you the other side.

Laura x

Beginning to feel quite nervous now. It always felt that there was some other milestone to reach but now there is nothing left and it really is just a matter of getting on the plane:err:. As you say I hope the excitement will return when we get there and begin to start a new life.

Hope all goes well with the reservations and hopefully see you soon.

Guest natdan

HI to all of you [ Gavin/Fiona, Laura /Phil ] GOOD LUCK with your moves . hope your flights etc are as enjoyable as they can be !!! You must all be so excited and nervous at the same time!! Hope you Enjoy adelaide and settle well . Hope to be joining you soon, Wish you all the best of luck.

Louise n Wayne.

Guest Nick11
Hi to anyone who booked online with Singapore Airlines, do you know before you pay where you will be sitting, and whether you will sit together. Just about to book but would like to know this first.

Thanks

Laura x

We booked our seats - but it was slim pickings. We were first to check in and I just happened to mention it and the woman said no problems and moved us to better seats. I don't think they open up all the seats on the booking site.

Guest the4hopes

Hi, Another question!!!

I tried to book flights last night but stopped! Do you have to proceed with the payment before you can choose the seats?waiting for a reply from the airline,thought I'd ask here aswell, see who gets back to me first so I can get on with the booking!!

Laura x

• 4 weeks later...
Guest the4hopes

Well I did manage to finally book, after 3 attempts, the 1st time we stopped because we didn't know about seating, 2nd time we had problems with credit card then timed out, so 3rd time lucky.

We have choose our seats, and meals, we can check in online within 48 hours of leaving to change seats if we want. I emailed the airlines with a query about the credit card, as it came through with Phils name as cardholder, they phoned me the next day to sort it out!

So far I am pleased with the service, my mum has travelled with them before and said they are lovely and helpful.

Laura x

Well I did manage to finally book, after 3 attempts, the 1st time we stopped because we didn't know about seating, 2nd time we had problems with credit card then timed out, so 3rd time lucky.

We have choose our seats, and meals, we can check in online within 48 hours of leaving to change seats if we want. I emailed the airlines with a query about the credit card, as it came through with Phils name as cardholder, they phoned me the next day to sort it out!

So far I am pleased with the service, my mum has travelled with them before and said they are lovely and helpful.

Laura x

Hi, that made me smile, the exact thing happened to me, getting timed out and problems with the credit card. But when I rung them, they were so helpful and sorted it all out in seconds.

What date are you travelling in October? We fly out with Singapore Airlines on 15.10.08 and a stopover for 3 nights at singapore!

Carole :v_SPIN:

Guest the4hopes

I was going to say on last message ,I am looking forward to being at the airport but I thought it may be a little sad, but I am looking forward to it!!!

We fly out from Heathrow on 14th Oct, still can't really believe it though.

Laura x

I was going to say on last message ,I am looking forward to being at the airport but I thought it may be a little sad, but I am looking forward to it!!!

We fly out from Heathrow on 14th Oct, still can't really believe it though.

Laura x

miss you by a day. Are you doing a stop over or just at the airport for a few hours.

Someone said to once that it only sunk in the they were emmigrating once they were on the plane with the one way ticket

Carole :jiggy:

Singopore the best airport. We travelled with an 18 year old and 11 year old and there was lots of entertainment for them. plenty of interent access and the 11 year old loved to play on the xbox games also we found there were not alot of people in this area. The only thing we found annoying was all the eatig places are in one area but I can understand the reasons for this.

Guest the4hopes

We arrive at 2.30pm and next flight 11.45am, would we need a hotel room or are there places to rest and shower in the airport? Or if anyone would advise a room, not sure how we will feel, don't really want to sleep too much as I would rather try and sleep on next flight, but then we may be completely worn out and just want to sleep!!!!???

Laura x

That would be approx 8am English time so it all depends on how you sleep on the plane. If you do not sleep well than it would be benefical.

If you want to leave it until you arrive there are transit hotels in each terminal so they will check availability in all terminals and they might say come back in an hour.

If you book a room in the transit hotel you also get free use of the pool and gym.

We booked 3 rooms (but we did arrive at 6am singopore time) 2 doubles one single and it cost us approx £78.00, you book in 6 hour blocks.

Some people do sleep at the airport, there are plenty of seats and different areas to go.

Hope you have a good trip

Guest Chelseadownunder

We booked with Austravel and on the off chance I rang Singapore Airlines to check something and they were very helpfull. Without asking the guy said "Before you go would you like to organise your seats" This is something Austravel didnt do. So if the company that sells you the tickets doesnt then offer to get your seating organised ring Singapore airlines they can sort it all for you. They took our Passport details everything.

Looking forward to seeing you all soon.

Scott UK

Hello to future Singapore stoppers!

When you leave your flight and walk towards the shops you will see foot and calve massage seats. They are free, and amazing. My ankles always swell and they reduced it within the massage. It may feel uncomfortable at first, my OH couldn't do it for long, but once you get used to it it's not so bad. If you struggle with feet being tickled it may result in the giggles...which was me!

Have great flights, enjoy the airport, it's great!

Guest the4hopes
Hello to future Singapore stoppers!

When you leave your flight and walk towards the shops you will see foot and calve massage seats. They are free, and amazing. My ankles always swell and they reduced it within the massage. It may feel uncomfortable at first, my OH couldn't do it for long, but once you get used to it it's not so bad. If you struggle with feet being tickled it may result in the giggles...which was me!

Have great flights, enjoy the airport, it's great!

I think I will be there until the next flight!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

Laura x

Hi Laura,

I've just bought my tickets online, and chose the seats after paying. I phoned the customer servic dept also, and they were so very helpfull.

Serena

P.S. Join the Kris Flyer club before buying to get airmiles!

Interesting, very interesting!!

I have been looking for flights, with singapore and Qantas...........think the choice is made......

Assuming i can get propre seats for the "little" son (6ft8in), on the dates i want........at a reasonable price, sold it to me.

Have a great one

Jane

I tried Quantas, but they don't give the double (40kgs) baggage allowance for people with permanent migrant visas, they too were helpfull on the phone though.

Find out what planes they have and check out seatguru.com which has pictures and reviews of most commercial airlines.

Just read a post where they were raving about how great Singapore airport is, swiming pool, foot massages, shops, city tours.............. Can't wait, hope I'm not too knackered (flying withthree year old) to enjoy it!

Good Luck

Serena