Fuel warning

Guest graandjac

Guest graandjac

:)Just one for anyone arriving soon , even though fuel is alot cheeper here than the uk, be warned that so many of the cars here are 4 litre which we are not used to in the uk and if its petrol you cant believe just how jucy they are:shocked:. Learn by our mistake we were spending $120.00 per week on our 4 litre AWD Territory and put our hands up to a mistake, so we had it converted to run on gas which cost $3300.00, $2000.00 of which you get back from the government . Now it costs $40.00 per week , serously consider LPG gas when looking for a new car just a thought.

Cheers Graham

We've just converted one of ours over to LPG. It cost roughly $2500.00 of which you get $2000 back from the government. Richie filled up yesterday for the grand total of $25.00!:)

Hi Liz

Can I ask how much it would have cost you to fill up before you had it converted. Just wondering how much we could also save.

Thanks

Well , it would have cost around $60 to $70 to fill the tank , but the LPG tank is smaller , abiut 45 litres i think . The car will run a little less 'economically' on gas but the price difference per litre icertainly makes it worth while .

Having only had this conversion tha last few days , I already feel good about it as it is also far less damaging to the environment also !!!

Can I ask, Graham, where you are putting the spare wheel in the Territory? We have had ours done and currently have the spare in the boot, but need to find another solution before the new year when my folks arrive for a visit and we need to use the extra seats again. Have you had it mounted on the outside, or have you found another solution?

Guest graandjac
Can I ask, Graham, where you are putting the spare wheel in the Territory? We have had ours done and currently have the spare in the boot, but need to find another solution before the new year when my folks arrive for a visit and we need to use the extra seats again. Have you had it mounted on the outside, or have you found another solution?

Hi Diane, well when i booked it in the first question they asked was ..."is it a 7 seater" as the tyre has to go in the back which it guess yours is, our wheel is in the same place as yours. The only idea i could come up with is to take the tyre out and just incase you have a flat put a few of thoses self repairing kits in the ones that fill the tyre with a gell like stuff and blow it up. If you have any other ones let me know:)

Cheers Graham

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Hi Diane, well when i booked it in the first question they asked was ..."is it a 7 seater" as the tyre has to go in the back which it guess yours is, our wheel is in the same place as yours. The only idea i could come up with is to take the tyre out and just incase you have a flat put a few of thoses self repairing kits in the ones that fill the tyre with a gell like stuff and blow it up. If you have any other ones let me know:)

Cheers Graham

Get a roof rack:biglaugh:

If you don't have PR & convert to gas, do the government still contribute? If its around $2.5k & actually costs you $500 then I am definitely going to think about it, although our X-Trail isn't that bad, twice to the city & general day to day school runs we can manage on about $80 p/w but it would be wonderful to have that bill halved :).

Also how quickly do the government pay you back?

Cheers

Angela

Guest graandjac
If you don't have PR & convert to gas, do the government still contribute? If its around $2.5k & actually costs you $500 then I am definitely going to think about it, although our X-Trail isn't that bad, twice to the city & general day to day school runs we can manage on about $80 p/w but it would be wonderful to have that bill halved :).

Also how quickly do the government pay you back?

Cheers

Angela

Hi Angela , not sure what you mean by PR but the money was paid straight into our bank accounts in about 7-10 days, you need to shop around for prices as there is a huge difference in quotes we were quoted from $3,300 to $5,000.cheers Graham