Garmin Sat Nav-what do we do

Carole Jolly

Hate Technology sometimes.

We bought a Garmin Sat Nav at Christmas with the view that we could purchase a Aussie map. This one is loaded with the all of europe. We have contacted Garmin and they are telling us Australia mapping will cost £200. This is more than the cost of the device intially!!!

does anybody know if it will be cheaper to purchase a new sat nav with aussie map in Australia once we arrive?

or pay the £200 here, which we are also told will over write the europeon maps if there is not enough memory in it..... cant for the life of me figure out how you find out how much memory the Garmin has! :arghh:

Thanks

Carole

We bought a Garmin Sat Nav at Christmas with the view that we could purchase a Aussie map. This one is loaded with the all of europe. We have contacted Garmin and they are telling us Australia mapping will cost £200. This is more than the cost of the device intially!!!

does anybody know if it will be cheaper to purchase a new sat nav with aussie map in Australia once we arrive?

or pay the £200 here, which we are also told will over write the europeon maps if there is not enough memory in it..... cant for the life of me figure out how you find out how much memory the Garmin has! :arghh:

Thanks

Carole

Crikey seems a bit steep! The oz map i got for our TomTom before we came was About 60 pound!

Suggest doing a search on line both in uk and oz as im sure you should be able to get cheaper! Alternatively if your still in uk after xmas try in the sales from Garmin.

Or if when you get here a tomtom one costs between $200-300 of hundred dollars from memory as we got Rachel one here

good luck

i would buy the map but as for a tom tom ive got one and idont use it but as for getting around adelaide its very easy just think of the city is a big square and all the major roads come off it also hills to the east ocean to the west if that is to hard to remember take bread crumbs out with you lol i dont think its that hard to drive around adelaide if it is then you shouldnt be let out

i would buy the map but as for a tom tom ive got one and idont use it but as for getting around adelaide its very easy just think of the city is a big square and all the major roads come off it also hills to the east ocean to the west if that is to hard to remember take bread crumbs out with you lol i dont think its that hard to drive around adelaide if it is then you shouldnt be let out

:biglaugh: ummm until some big bird eats the bread crumbs!!! or your big spider sat next to your phone!!

We are landing in Sydney and staying there for 5 ish days, then planning to hire a car and travel down the coast to Melbourne and then on to Adelaide. Trying to make a holiday our trip before we are brought to reality in finding jobs, houses etc.

some people do say I shouldnt be let out.... if we ever meet, I will tell you the tales of my blonde moments whilst driving:daydreaming:

no offence to blonds, im one anyway!!

Carole

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shanaghy2oz

Thanks

Carole

Hi Carole

We bought map for our garmin nuvi on ebay cost around £40 can get you seller

if you want.

Tom

Guest shanaghy2oz
Hi Tom

If you have a direct contact of seller then that would be fab.

I could do to chat to someone first to discuss how to do it and will it overwrite the europe maps etc

thanks

Carole :skeptical:

Hi Carole

No you won't have to overwrite your map of europe the new map is on an SD card

which slots into the side of your sat nav,i will look up the seller and PM you with details do you have an ebay account.

Tom

Hi Carole

No you won't have to overwrite your map of europe the new map is on an SD card

which slots into the side of your sat nav,i will look up the seller and PM you with details do you have an ebay account.

Tom

Hi Tom

No I dont have an ebay account, so will I have to open one? I know alot of people used Ebay, but for some reason, I have a mis trust of it!!

Thanks Carole :jiggy:

Guest shanaghy2oz
Hi Tom

No I dont have an ebay account, so will I have to open one? I know alot of people used Ebay, but for some reason, I have a mis trust of it!!

Thanks Carole :jiggy:

Hi Carole

I just checked on e-bay i'm afraid you would need an e-bay account it took our map about 2 weeks to arrive the seller is in canada

Tom

Hi Carole

I just checked on e-bay i'm afraid you would need an e-bay account it took our map about 2 weeks to arrive the seller is in canada

Tom

Hi Tom

Spoke to my OH, hes says his boss has an account and will order it for us. So if you can point us in the right direction, we will get it ordered.

P.S I am imagining things, did you see a thread on here earlier of a picture of a girl and someone saying 'bump it up and lurk' or something like that. It seems to have disappeared now???