Singapore Airport

Guest Carkyde

Guest Carkyde

Hi I have read there is a swimminig pool at the airport and can be used for transit passengers. Quite fancy a swim and freshen up to break the journey.

Has anyone used this, what are the facilities like, can you tell me more about it, please? How much is it? Do they provide towels and toiletries?

What other facilities are there at the airport?

Thanks

Guest Aussie pat

Singapore airport is lovely. Yes there is a pool. Haven't used it though. You can also book a shower cubicle. They will give you a towel and soap. You can also rent a cubicle for a nap. I've also had a foot massage there and done a free trip around Singapore in a bus for about an hour or so. They also have massage chairs and lots of areas for you to sit and relax. You can also watch sports on TV and use the internet for free. You can even have a manicure and haircut etc. I've used the facilities several times and found them very reasonably priced. When you arrive in the terminal you will find info leaflets dotted around on various pillars. There are also info desks. Avoid the sunflower garden as all the smokers go out there and you nearly choke to death on the smoke.

I actually think it's the best airport I've ever used and I've travelled a fair amount over the years.

Guest Carkyde

Sounds fab, not like the "fantastic" British facilities of super inflated charges for everything.

Thanks for your reply, now making me even more excited about moving to Adelaide :jiggy:

Guest the4hopes

Ive just been exploring the airport on their website! The pool is about £7 per person, with showers and toiletries, not sure about towels, I would like to know that too.If you stay at the hotel this is free.

There are many cafes and restaurants shops, supermarket, internet and games area, outside area, massage chairs (not sure whether you have to pay?). This was just ternimal 3 I was looking at.

I was considering booking a room at the hotel, but I think maybe we would miss too much!

If anyone knows, what do you do with hand luggage at the airport, do you have to keep it with you?

Laura x

Guest the4hopes

Hi Aussie Pat, what currency can you use at the airport? Also not sure if you saw my other message,but what do you do with hand luggage in the airport, and do you need to do anything with the other cases?

Laura x

Guest Aussie pat
Hi Aussie Pat, what currency can you use at the airport? Also not sure if you saw my other message,but what do you do with hand luggage in the airport, and do you need to do anything with the other cases?

Laura x

Hi Laura,

You will have to keep your hand luggage with you. The luggage you have checked in at Heathrow etc. will be automatically checked thru for you so you won't need to do anything about it. You will have to pay for any extras at the airport but I found the pricing very reasonable. Can't remember how much I paid for the foot massage but it was lovely and very affordable compared to the UK. The shower was cheap and very refreshing. I've used it twice. There is also a minimart for sweets, toiletries etc. I can recommend the free city tour. In fact after doing it we booked a stop over in Singapore on our way to Australia last year just based on what I had seen on the tour. They will accept most currencies and give you change in Singapore Dollars so you don't need to change any money if you don't want to. Singapore is a very clean and safe place to be. The wait in Singapore is much more comfortable than the wait at Heathrow.

Hedy

Hi Laura,

You will have to keep your hand luggage with you. The luggage you have checked in at Heathrow etc. will be automatically checked thru for you so you won't need to do anything about it.

There is an office where you can pay to leave your hand luggage if you wish. You pay for the whole day.

Also towels are provided for the swimming pool and shower, so you only have to take yourself.

• 3 weeks later...
you can read free manga onlinehttp://www.MaxManga.comGakuen Alice 1-93 94 95 9670991593nop.jpgFor Mikan, there was no better friend than Hotaru (though Hotaru sometimes seems to have other sentiments). They often played together. But Hotaru is a very special child, and she agrees to go to a school in Tokyo which the government reserved only for geniuses. This left a very lonely Mikan at home. When Hotaru fails to keep her promise and come home for holidays, her young friend is very disappointed and rather angry. But upon overhearing a conversation between Hotaru's mother and a teacher, Mikan realizes that her friend's reasons for leaving might not have been what they seemed. So Mikan takes it upon herself to run away and go to Hotaru's school. There she discovers the so-called "genius academy" is actually a school for people gifted with special powers called "alices". Her friend Hotaru is one of these, and after a chance encounter with a teacher, Mikan suddenly finds herself enrolled. Finally, the two friends are reunited, but is Mikan actually one of those so-called Alices?read free manga, free manga online, read manga, find manga, find free manga, onemanga,mangafox,find manga online, mangaonline,free anime , anime online, read anime,free comic, read free comic online,comic online,free Naruto online , free One Piece online,free Bleach onlinemanga Gakuen Alice Mikan and Natsume,manga Gakuen Alice Downloads,manga Gakuen Alice Mikan Sakura,manga Gakuen Alice Academy,manga Gakuen Alice romance,manga Gakuen Alice IGC,manga Gakuen Alice Natsume Hyuuga,Gakuen Alice Manga Series,manga Gakuen Alice Hotaru Imai,manga Gakuen Alice PED,Gakuen Alice free manga,manga Gakuen Alice Blue Laguna,manga Gakuen Alice anime,manga Gakuen Alice teacher,manga Gakuen Alice Release date,manga Gakuen Alice realitylapse,Gakuen Alice manga downloads,Gakuen Alice manga TokyoPop,Gakuen manga Alice Academy,Gakuen Alice manga Hotaru,Gakuen Alice manga Tachibana Higuchi,Gakuen Alice manga IGC,Gakuen Alice Manga Series,Gakuen Alice manga PED,Gakuen Alice manga Anime,Gakuen Alice free manga,Gakuen Alice manga Blue Laguna,Gakuen Alice manga realitylapse,Gakuen Alice manga teacher,Gakuen Alice manga Mikan and Natsume,Gakuen Alice manga Kiss,Gakuen Alice manga Wings

Book a room at the transit hotel and you use the pool for free.

cannot recommend this enough....... fantastic way to cope with a transit....

If your transit > 10 hours, you get a free bus/boat tour of Singapore too.