Car insurance

Guest Greg and Karen

Guest Greg and Karen

Hi all, sorry if I'm going over well-trodden ground here but can anyone recommend some good (i.e. cheap) car insurance here? I've just bought a 2000 Holden Commodore, 6 cyllinder 3.8l, pick up Monday so need to insure asap.

Also do they take any notice of 4 years no claims from the UK?

cheers

Greg

your answer to your question is try allianz ive got a 4 litre XR6 TURBO 2006 it cost me $500 a year fully comp and i use my no claims bonus and they have not asked for proof also it depends on age as well im 34 and a mechanic.....by the way im selling my XR6 its on www.carsales.com type in reg XJF 826 its so much better the a holden im selling as ive just bought a yamaha motard

alex

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We were with the Allianz.......were ok till we had to claim from an uninsured driver ( useual occurance here) it took for ever to sort it, the same thing happened to a friend. I am now with Ian Berry, cheaper by far and Western QBE cheaper also.

sarah

CGU is really good, having had 2 cars written off by them, they find the repairer with the best quote, you just have to take car into one of their assessment centres, give them all the details on the phone beforehand and they chase whoever is responsible for the money. I got my cheque from them within 2 weeks of them writing off my cars.

And for all you Wags out there, I'm not making a business out of it, however I'm sure the person who totalled my first car thought I was an idiot due to the big grin on my face. Car was worth more totalled than on the road cos it was beginning to leak from every orifice, make bad noises and would have cost way too much to repair. I used to hope someone would pinch it while I was at work. The 2nd car I was not so happy about, but meh! got the money and off to the car auctions again.

Guest SA Great
Hi all, sorry if I'm going over well-trodden ground here but can anyone recommend some good (i.e. cheap) car insurance here? I've just bought a 2000 Holden Commodore, 6 cyllinder 3.8l, pick up Monday so need to insure asap.

Also do they take any notice of 4 years no claims from the UK?

cheers

Greg

Yes I found Allianz to be really good. They let you have a free "crash" every year and you don't lose your no claims. Would also recommend trying Ian Berry. RAA were ridiculously expensive, even though I am a member, and AAMI were quite expensive as well.

Guest Greg and Karen
Yes I found Allianz to be really good. They let you have a free "crash" every year and you don't lose your no claims. Would also recommend trying Ian Berry. RAA were ridiculously expensive, even though I am a member, and AAMI were quite expensive as well.

Thanks all for your tips, I tried them all. Allianz came in by far the cheapest at $390 pa fully comp. You weren't joking about the RAA, they came in at over $2k pa....!

Guest SA Great
Thanks all for your tips, I tried them all. Allianz came in by far the cheapest at $390 pa fully comp. You weren't joking about the RAA, they came in at over $2k pa....!

WOW!!! I knew the RAA were expensive but thats ridiculous. I have had two cars written off over here and Allianz give you a lot more than if you had sold the car in perfect condition!! Moral of the story....if your car is getting old then have a crash!!! lol. Not that I did it on purpose but at least you know the insurance company aren't going to rip you off. I have found Allianz to be really good.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
Shouldn't matter if you have comprehensive insurance yourself. A good company will sort you out then send the bill to the person responsible if they don't have insurance.

You would think so, but if you are hit by uninsured driver you have to get them to admit, in writting, to your insurance companythat they have no insurance BEFORE they pay out (otherwise you have to take them to court yourself). This was my expirience with Allianz and my friends expirience of the same company at around the same time. We managed to get a letter out of the d*** who hit us, probably to do with the letter hub sent and the subtle way he worded it and the fact he is a big bloke. Our friend however waited nearly 8 months for a payout as the family were druggies and couldnt care less. It was a huge big fight for them.

BL***y insurance should be compulsory here!

sarah