SA Driving licence in other states!????

Guest MitchKeza

Guest MitchKeza

Hello PIA,

I have just been reading Newbies thread about SA Driving licences which has had some good feedback.

My question is, 'once an SA driving licence has been obtained are you allowed to, drive, hire vehicles, apply for driving jobs, etc, etc in any other Australian states or do you have to have a different licence for each state"?

Regards... Mitchkeza.:nah:

Hello PIA,

I have just been reading Newbies thread about SA Driving licences which has had some good feedback.

My question is, 'once an SA driving licence has been obtained are you allowed to, drive, hire vehicles, apply for driving jobs, etc, etc in any other Australian states or do you have to have a different licence for each state"?

Regards... Mitchkeza.:nah:

Hi, you can drive all over the country (and the world) on a SA Licence, you only have to get a licence for another state if you move there. If you get demerit point in SA they will carry to your new licence if you move.

Basically other s tates will accept an SA drivers licence, as long as your primary place of residence is in SA. Technically, this means that you spend time living in SA at least once every three months. You can generally use your SA drivers licence in other states for all the things you mentioned.

Guest milly123
Hi, you can drive all over the country (and the world) on a SA Licence, you only have to get a licence for another state if you move there. If you get demerit point in SA they will carry to your new licence if you move.

Your Demerit point only carry over to a new licence from another state , if you hand them in the old licence from the state you have come from.

If you give them your british driving licence and dont tell them about your other state licence, then you just get a new clean one, But again it has to be your main residence.