Buying a car on finance???

the fishers

Hi guys

Does anyone know if you have to of started work in Oz before you could buy a car on finance?? OH has a job to go to but we are hoping to buy a car asap after we arrive but if we could get loan/ finance it would help with our money shortage situation!!!

thanks

Heidi

:v_SPIN:

ps 457 Visa app submitted today fingers crossed it should be sorted in a couple of months x

As long as you have a jobyou can get finance. All you need is a copy of your contract or letter confirming that you have a job, hours you are working, whether it is temporary or permanent contract and your salary. You will also need to show your visa and english driving licence (if you haven't got round to getting an Aussie one) and proof of address, ie rental agreement. This is on a 175 visa, don't know about your one but just thought I would let you know this.

hi guys

i think an old banger to start with might be the way forward....... thanks for all your advise

xxxx

ps we drive an old banger here anyway so why change the habit of a lifetime :biglaugh:

Well would you believe the Old Banger is smoking on the drive ( thats not the OH by the way) I think a mechanic is urgently needed! AARRRGGHH more money to shell out on repairs then xxx