Flights back to UK

mathijohn

Guest Kazzarazza

Hi, We actually tried to do this, in reverse, just last month for our daughter. We found, based on internet pricing, that it should have been cheaper for us to book in Adelaide for her to fly here, on the dates she wanted to travel. However the travel agent said that the airlines make an adjustment based on the exchange rates, etc, so the price would end up the same, under some comparable pricing policy they have. It was therefore only worth us booking for her if we specifically wanted to pay for her ticket.

We've already booked our flights to go back for a month next year in August. It's peak prices at this time but we managed to get a discount and ended up paying $2,600 each including taxes. We looked into trailfinders and other UK sites but they weren't any cheaper. Now I'm looking at getting travel insurance.

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

I still have a fully working bank account in the UK and my trusty M&S credit card.

Can you book flights from say BA or Singapore Airlines using UK bank accounts to get it cheaper?

On the little research I have done I found it cheaper to surf this way than trying to do it from Adelaide.

Just a thought, not sure if its possible, not looking to go back yet........

I am content surfing the M&S website and receiving M&S parcels from Mum - the slippers she sent have been promoted their own "shrine" in my bedroom. I can't bring myself to wear them just yet!!!

:biglaugh: