Container Companies

Guest Melian

We are due to arrive in Adelaide mid January and probably have enough stuff to fill a small container, can anybody recommend companies to use and what are the approximate prices likely to be.

Thanks Ian

Guest Libby1971

Contact a number of removal companies that offer international removals. There is only one size container...it just depends on how much of one you use. A whole container could be £5000 or more. We had about a third of a garage full which cost us £1500 plus VAT. We used Whites in the UK and they included 10 weeks storage as part of the price.

With a part container as we were, you are not in the position to demand a time to leave/ arrive. When a container can be filled using your stuff then it goes. I have heard that some conatiners are slower to arrive as the containers are not shipped as often as they were due to the housing slump. I am sure that it is rubbish but it might be a question worth asking of your reps. Get at least 3 quotes out. We also asked Bishops Move, who were our second choice. Slightly dearer and no storage included but I would still have used them if Whites could not have done our dates and been quite happy about it.

Hi Ian,

we are using PSS international, they're based in croydon, surrey.

our container 20ft, 1100 cubic feet, is costing just over 4100gbp.

The rep who came was lovely, really professional and helpful; and they didn't hassle us for the business, unlike some others.

Gave us a 10 week delivery time......

hope that helps

Jane

We are using PSS and found them very professional and helpful, we also got other quotes and then the 2 that we liked played them off against each other to get a better price. Our stuff is being shipped at the moment. It was supposed to dock on 28th and we were told that it had but have now fou out that it docked in Sydney, the container then will get put on another vessel, go to Melbourne, onto another vessel and then to Adelaide. Nothing to do with PSS but just what the shipping line decides to do. THe company PSS use here have been great too.

Guest Vicks&Stu

Hi Ian

We used a company called Greens who were local to East Anglia we did part container and paid approx £2500. Our stuff has finally arrived after 13 weeks!

One thing we said that if we did again we would have sent the stuff from the UK earlier so we wouldn't have been so long without it this end.

Good luck!

Vicks&Stu

We are due to arrive in Adelaide mid January and probably have enough stuff to fill a small container, can anybody recommend companies to use and what are the approximate prices likely to be.

Thanks Ian

I noticed that you were in South Shrops. We are in Bridgnorth and we are using Burke Brothers (based in Wolverhampton). We are having a 20ft sole use container for £3100 + insurance at 1.7%.

Thanks Em76 I will contact Burke Brothers today. We live in Cleobury Mortimer, so not far from yourselves.

Ian

We also got quotes from Foxes, White & Co and Allied Pickfords. Allied Pickfords came a close second on the price, but I would rather use a local company if poss, and Chris Burke was very professional. We had to negotiate a lot on price and it is definitely worth doing - they removal companies are all finding it hard at the minute and will go quite a long way to get your business. Burkes came back initially with the highest quote!

Looks like you are getting to Adelaide at the same sort of time as us - Burkes come to us next week and we move in with my Mum til Christmas when we set off on our month long trip to Adelaide. What are your plans?

Em

I am due to start work on 27th Jan, we are hopefully going to be there mid Jan. Were quite fortunate beacause my employer in Oz is sorting the flights and also giving us 3 months accommodation.

We are in our present house till New years eve we then move in with my in laws.

A month long trip to Adelaide sounds interesting?-Don't think we could pull that off with twin boys (20 months old) with us.

Ian

Sounds good - will be very handy to be sorted before you get there, especially with 2 ankle biters to consider! If you fancy meeting up before we all set off PM me. Would be nice to meet some people,

Em

our packers have been...........yesterday and today.........contents of a 6 bed mansh now en route!

I really have to say, they have been bloody great; Even got my santa on the container; which was a relief, i didnt want to sell him at a boot sale for £15!

pss get my vote from this end.Craig and Richie the packers were marvellous..........quick clean cheeky but nice..........

we will be impressed if it arrives as scheduled!

• 2 weeks later...