Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Alipally

Thread: Taking A Holiday In Transit

Exclamation Taking A Holiday In Transit

We flied Etihad Airways (based south of Dubai in a place called Abu Dhabi) business class from London Heathrow through Abu Dhabi then onto Sydney. Etihad were FANTASTIC would recommend them to ANYONE even if flying Economy. So were all exited and we arrive in Abu Dhabi. Looks great, go for a sleep in the Hilton Corniche Hotel then go to a mall. This is the only thing to do here. We found it soooo dreadfully boring that we went on expedia.com and changed our flights to the next day for FREE! Now the problem with transit holidays when emigrating is that you 'just wanna get there'. So if you feel the urge to then by all means stay for a few nights but i recommend only one or even just stay at the airport and then go 2hours after.

Hope this helps, and when you sit in your hotel room in Singapore or where ever bored stiff you would have wished you would of listened to the 12 year old who is writing this

Marshall :)

South Plympton, Adelaide
      1114 times
      That's great you were so keen to get here. You are going to have a great time, with summer on its way. Have you started school yet?
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

Yes, im at Woodcroft College in Morfett Vale (i hope the teach me how to spell) :) i really like it here and everyones really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
      Yes, im at Woodcroft College in Morfett Vale (i hope the teach me how to spell) :) i really like it here and everyones really nice

Top stuff, we need more bright lads like you welcome

aww thanks :)

We came through Dubai last year, and you are soooo right, boring borrrriiiiinnnnng!

So when we made the move we decided to fly via Los Angeles and New Zealand.... much more interesting and loads more stuff to do besides shopping!! The flights were more expensive and longer, but, I think worth it if you want to have some interesting times en route.... you could also have a stop over in Hawaii, which is also cool!

Great to see some different people on here!

Marshall likes this.

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums