Abit of a problem?

sue2oz

hi guys wondering if you can help me, we are in melbourne at the moment and was hoping to buy a car here when we arrived at the weekend but carnt be done so was asking you what would be the EASIEST way and cheapest to get from adelaide airport to aldinga beach where we have a rental for 4 weeks

we have 6 suitcases 101 bags!!!! and 4 kids all answers on a postcard please

no seriously i need help, thanks in advanced xxx

suexxx

Guest sarahsmartiepants
hi guys wondering if you can help me, we are in melbourne at the moment and was hoping to buy a car here when we arrived at the weekend but carnt be done so was asking you what would be the EASIEST way and cheapest to get from adelaide airport to aldinga beach where we have a rental for 4 weeks

suexxx

You will probably need 2 taxis as they have all converted to gas leaving little room in the boot for luggage:goofy:.

We needed a wagon for just 4 adults and 3 suitcases when we came home from Cairns!:arghh:

Would you not want to hire a car? I think you might need transport in Aldinga anyway?

Send hubs in a taxi to Koala car rentals, which in the other direction to where you want to go, or all get taxis to Aussie car rentals on Brighton road (which is the direction you want for Aldinga) then drive straight on through to Aldinga!

sarah

Guest Cunnah97

suexxx

Hi Sue

What time are you due into Adelaide from Melbourne....and is it tomorrow Monday 10th?

We have a 7 seater jeep BUT wouldn't fit all six of you in plus 6 suitcases and extra bags!

Don't forget you will need a baby car seat too for your youngest!

There is a big selection of car hire at the actual airport....a load of car hire desks all lined up.....and not to bad with the cost we found!

We hired an 8 seater from there when we arrived and that fitted all 6 of us in plus 6 suitcase etc BUT only just!!!

You need something "BIG" with lots of space!!!!

Went passed your Aldinga holiday village today when we drove onto the beach right next to it!

Gill

You will probably need 2 taxis as they have all converted to gas leaving little room in the boot for luggage:goofy:.

We needed a wagon for just 4 adults and 3 suitcases when we came home from Cairns!:arghh:

Would you not want to hire a car? I think you might need transport in Aldinga anyway?

Send hubs in a taxi to Koala car rentals, which in the other direction to where you want to go, or all get taxis to Aussie car rentals on Brighton road (which is the direction you want for Aldinga) then drive straight on through to Aldinga!

sarah

thanks sarah for great advice will let u know how we get on hun xx

suexxx

Hi Sue

What time are you due into Adelaide from Melbourne....and is it tomorrow Monday 10th?

We have a 7 seater jeep BUT wouldn't fit all six of you in plus 6 suitcases and extra bags!

Don't forget you will need a baby car seat too for your youngest!

There is a big selection of car hire at the actual airport....a load of car hire desks all lined up.....and not to bad with the cost we found!

We hired an 8 seater from there when we arrived and that fitted all 6 of us in plus 6 suitcase etc BUT only just!!!

You need something "BIG" with lots of space!!!!

Went passed your Aldinga holiday village today when we drove onto the beach right next to it!

Gill

thanks gill just sent ya a text xx

suexxx

:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Gill, please tell me you had supersized cases!!! We have hired a big 8 seater too, but with more bags than peeps; i forsee a problem here...........

Sue, how was the trip? Hope all are well; we leave in 9 days; still trying to get the cases sorted.......and to stay inside the limit; seems i may be leaving my shoes behind

:biglaugh:

Take care

Jane

Guest Cunnah97
:arghh::arghh::arghh:

Gill, please tell me you had supersized cases!!! We have hired a big 8 seater too, but with more bags than peeps; i forsee a problem here...........

Sue, how was the trip? Hope all are well; we leave in 9 days; still trying to get the cases sorted.......and to stay inside the limit; seems i may be leaving my shoes behind

:biglaugh:

Take care

Jane

We hired an 8 seater kia carnival....which was big enough to be perfectly honest!!!

My OH (Tom) picking Sue and family up at Adelaide airport tomorrow in our 7 seater jeep......

May have to tie Sue and Dave to the roof rails BUT at least he'll get the 4 kids and the luggage in!

Gill

we hired a car tarago for out last stay in Aus and for 12 days it was less than £800. There were six of us and six cases plus tennis rackets and bags and we had plenty of room if you fold up two of the back seats. We did this through Avis and drove from Melbourne up the ocean road in it. Don't know if this helps.