Traffic Lights and Rush hour in Adelaide.

sueoc

Adelaide's traffic system has always caused people to speed up on seeing an amber knowing if they get through they might actually get through the next 6 befor having to stop. The other bug bear is the turny righty arrow that allows 2 cars through!!!! Never mind you will acclimatise and learn to mouth off silently.

Having driven thru, London, Manchester, Bristol and Sheffield gimme Adelaide any day...i love the city and that includes driving thru it.....:)

Guest SA Great
Is it just me,or does anyone else find peak hours and the general system of traffic flow a trifle manic and stressful at times?

It has it's moments but generally I think the Adelaide traffic is pretty good. Are you enjoying South Australia Sue??

Adelaide's traffic system has always caused people to speed up on seeing an amber knowing if they get through they might actually get through the next 6 befor having to stop. The other bug bear is the turny righty arrow that allows 2 cars through!!!! Never mind you will acclimatise and learn to mouth off silently.

Definately agree with Rachiegarlo you do get used to it and then don't notice it so much (not that I go in peak times that often) :nah: It can be annoying when you first arrive though. The thing I can never get used to is feeling the need for speed on a long stretch and having to go so slowly! Reminds me of when I was at home and being stuck behind a grockle :biglaugh:

Also I think it's that same old story it depends upon whereabouts in the UK you are from and what you are used to.

Hope all is going well for you other than that

being stuck behind a grockle

Devon

Please explain? What on earth is one of these "grockle" thingies????? LOL

Mandy

Hi Mandy

Slipped up there maybe I should have put tractor now that you've put me on the spot :embarrassed:

It's a local saying in Devon for someone who is not from there. Usually associated with holidaymakers as they drive through so slowly and nick all the car parking spaces (as there aren't that many) Something we all are here :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Good news on your visa :jiggy:

I find in amazingly funny at traffic lights. All that revving and creeping forward then zoooooom, top speed, burning tyres to get off the lights before anyone else all to slow down to the required speed limit of 60km !!!! What is all that about????

I just shrug my shoulders and laugh about it.

I find in amazingly funny at traffic lights. All that revving and creeping forward then zoooooom, top speed, burning tyres to get off the lights before anyone else all to slow down to the required speed limit of 60km !!!! What is all that about????

I just shrug my shoulders and laugh about it.

dont worry it wont be long where you come over to the dark side and finding yourself doing the same mwahahaha:biglaugh:

Guest graandjac
Hi Mandy

Slipped up there maybe I should have put tractor now that you've put me on the spot :embarrassed:

It's a local saying in Devon for someone who is not from there. Usually associated with holidaymakers as they drive through so slowly and nick all the car parking spaces (as there aren't that many) Something we all are here :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Good news on your visa :jiggy:

We lived in East Sussex and called them Grockles aswell......lol

Have just bought my motorbike, they will only see the dust hahahahahah. It would be a shame not to taunt em a bit.... It's the look on their faces when you see them at the next traffic lights, priceless!

Have just bought my motorbike, they will only see the dust hahahahahah. It would be a shame not to taunt em a bit.... It's the look on their faces when you see them at the next traffic lights, priceless!

is it compulsory for all males to buy a motorbike when they arrive in adelaide? You must be the 6th one ive heard of up to now, or is it a midlife crisis thing, new life new form of transport :biglaugh::P

Guest tooeasy

i find the traffic here good having driven in birmingham city and london where they are all mad drivers with no care for other road users no manners at all its a pleasure to drive over here :)

Guest graandjac
i find the traffic here good having driven in birmingham city and london where they are all mad drivers with no care for other road users no manners at all its a pleasure to drive over here :)

Have to agree, the traffice here is to easy, most people stick to the low speed limit, yes there are a few idiots but no on the same scale as the uk, here everyone isnt rushing about like mad men trying to get there yeaterday like the uk. As for the city its easy to get about and still not as stress full as our nearest city in the uk which was Brighton.

It definitely takes a bit of getting used too.

Remember those signs you could get for the back of your car, it was something along the lines of "If you can read this then stop driving up my ****" written in small writing. I think they would be appropriate out here at times! lol

Andy

You're not wrong there Andy! I was tailgated by a gray haired old lady earlier this week and I was already doing 60 (in a 60 zone by the way!) Still, I much prefer driving here to Birmingham! The scenery is WAY better!

Have to agree, the traffice here is to easy, most people stick to the low speed limit, yes there are a few idiots but no on the same scale as the uk, here everyone isnt rushing about like mad men trying to get there yeaterday like the uk. As for the city its easy to get about and still not as stress full as our nearest city in the uk which was Brighton.

Thats how we felt when we visited last. I thought it was nice and quiet, even during rush hour. Maybe I didn't see all of it though . . .