Car Insuance & No Claims Bonus

Guest spannaelephant

Guest spannaelephant

Hi, we are moving out in mid Feb and were wondering if we are able to transfer our no claims bonus across to our car insurance there?

Also, I've read somewhere that buying a second hand car is very expensive, and it would be more economical to bring our own can over and run it there? Is this the case?

Perhaps some body can help, thanks :unsure:

Thanks for that, will try and get letters just incase!

Anyone know about the second hand car business???? What have most of you done, bought new/second hand??

hiya,read a thread on PIO from someone who had researched taking car over,had checked it out in detail and reckoned it was very rarely worth the expense and hassle,otherwise i would do it myself

Guest redfoxy
hiya,read a thread on PIO from someone who had researched taking car over,had checked it out in detail and reckoned it was very rarely worth the expense and hassle,otherwise i would do it myself

Hi, we brought our no claims bonus, but could not actually tell you if this got us any discount. We paid $601 for full insurance for a new Rav. However, if course the rego includes third party insurance and is the same for everyone and everyage. Thats why you see 20 year olds in V8 s !!

We also bought an older car and risked just the rego on that one.

Yes we wish we had looked more into brining our 2 cars our from Uk as we lost so much on selling them there ..

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Yes insurance companies will accept your UK no claims bonus certificate, they usually will only want to see proof of it in the event of a claim.

Be aware that the rego here includes compulsory third party insurance but this provides compensation to people injured in motor vehicle crashes, where the crash is the fault of another person.

If you cause damage to other vehicles they will not be covered under this scheme, so for your own piece of mind you will still have to have a third party insurance via a insurance company,

Guzzler

Guest sarahsmartiepants

My friend has just been hit by un insured driver, the uninsureds fault, she said to my friend, no point calling the police, I am not insured and wont be paying for you car. Nothing friend can do unless the idiot puts it in writing that she is uninsured!!! So she has to put the work through her insurance company and pay the excess herself, making her now have a claim!!!:arghh:

We were lucky when hubs was hit by one, he knew where he lived (police told us) and sent him a very carefully worded letter, Helps that hubs is quite large!:huh:

Have 3 vehicles insured over here and only one wanted to see proof of our no claims bonus. Insurance seems to be cheaper here but cars/bikes are more expensive + rego is much dearer that UK road tax, so be prepared for shocks!!!!!

We looked into bringing cars and motorbikes over but soon realised that it would not be worth all the hassle and expense. Cut your losses and buy over here.

Guest Martin and Val

We both brought proof of NCD from our English insurance companies and a letter from my company car insurance saying that I had never made a claim against them.

When we bought we rang AAMI and they didn't even want to see the proof and gave us full no claims discount on the spot.