It's A Dog's Life!!!

Guest hughes

Guest hughes

Hi All,

Just wanted to ask if any of you have taken a dog out to Oz or are in the process of emigrating and organising the transport of a dog, how have you gone about it and who did you use?? It would be good to hear from you.

Thanks

Karenxx

Hi Karen. We brought our dog (Bodie) over with Airpets - our contact was a guy called Eddie Martin. They are located at Heathrow. We then used a company called Jetpets to get Bodie out of quarantine in Melboune and delivered to my sister's house - door to door. Both companies were excellent. It's best to get the permit from AQIS as soon as possible though they do warn you a place in quarantine might be hard to get (although we managed to get our dates okay). The vet checks have to be done at specific times so be prepared with all of your background research. We were worried about our dog as she was about 8 when she left but we experienced no problems at all. She loves having a bigger backyard, is entertained by the lizards and possums and enjoys sitting in the sunshine. Good luck,

Tracey

Guest hughes

Hi Tracey,

thanks so much for letting me know that information. I have spoke with Airpets. Did you have to arrange Jetpets flight yourselves??? If so when did you do this - before you went or after you got there??? One more question how did you go about getting your permit from AQIS??? Sorry so many questions!!!!

So, where are you in Adelaide?? How long have you been there?? Where were you from in the UK??? I'm so nosy!!!!!

Was you nervous when Bodie went??? I'm already having nightmares about it!!!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Karenxx

Hi Karen. We brought our dog (Bodie) over with Airpets - our contact was a guy called Eddie Martin. They are located at Heathrow. We then used a company called Jetpets to get Bodie out of quarantine in Melboune and delivered to my sister's house - door to door. Both companies were excellent. It's best to get the permit from AQIS as soon as possible though they do warn you a place in quarantine might be hard to get (although we managed to get our dates okay). The vet checks have to be done at specific times so be prepared with all of your background research. We were worried about our dog as she was about 8 when she left but we experienced no problems at all. She loves having a bigger backyard, is entertained by the lizards and possums and enjoys sitting in the sunshine. Good luck,

Tracey

Hi Karen, we are taking our 2 manchester terriers out with us and are using Golden Arrow, they do not have a web site but if you PM me I will give you their details. Lots of good reports from this site and also other sites regarding this company and Airpets. We are using Jetpets to transport between Melbourne and Adelaide, have just booked them this week have found them very reasonable price wise and very helpful.

I think I am worrying about the dogs more than anything else at the moment, but from reading everyone's experiences on this site I'm sure all will be well.

Good luck who ever you choose to use.

Jo x

Hi

We are flying out on June 2nd so just booked our dog (3year old labrador) on his flight with Airpets for May 11th.

We got 4 quotes altogether from various companies, airpets weren't the cheapest but if you check the list of what the company is actually providing for you, they were the best value for money.

Its all been straight forward so far and airpets really do help with what you need and when you need it.

Its costing £2,700 and he is a 42kg (slightly overweight!!!) dog.

If you need any more info just ask.

Denise

Guest hughes

Hi Denise,

It's lovely to hear from you, thanks for replying. Congratulations on getting your visas, where are you going in Adelaide??

I am waiting for a price from Airpets,but one thing they did say was that they prompt us on everything including sending us all the blood test forms etc... which could be one less thing to worry about at the time!!! Have you had property to sell??

Just another question, we see that several people including yourselves have had SA sponsorship, we didn't know this existed and just wondered if it was hard to obtain, we have already submitted our 175 visa application and don't know if we can change it now. The annoying thing is is that we have an agent doing our application and not once have they mentioned this to us, and Jason's occupation is on the SA sponsorship list.

Thanks

Karenxx

Hi

We are flying out on June 2nd so just booked our dog (3year old labrador) on his flight with Airpets for May 11th.

We got 4 quotes altogether from various companies, airpets weren't the cheapest but if you check the list of what the company is actually providing for you, they were the best value for money.

Its all been straight forward so far and airpets really do help with what you need and when you need it.

Its costing £2,700 and he is a 42kg (slightly overweight!!!) dog.

If you need any more info just ask.

Denise

Hi Denise,

It's lovely to hear from you, thanks for replying. Congratulations on getting your visas, where are you going in Adelaide??

I am waiting for a price from Airpets,but one thing they did say was that they prompt us on everything including sending us all the blood test forms etc... which could be one less thing to worry about at the time!!! Have you had property to sell??

Just another question, we see that several people including yourselves have had SA sponsorship, we didn't know this existed and just wondered if it was hard to obtain, we have already submitted our 175 visa application and don't know if we can change it now. The annoying thing is is that we have an agent doing our application and not once have they mentioned this to us, and Jason's occupation is on the SA sponsorship list.

Thanks

Karenxx

Hi Karen

In answer to your questions, it does seem better having Airpets prompting everything, the whole dog stuff seemed like such hassle on top of everything else. I'm not one to get stressed and am pretty organised but it still seems like a lot to sort out which is why airpets are a good option.

We applied for our visa in June 2008 so were really chuffed and shocked to get it granted so soon, we had actually already booked our flights and decided to go what ever happened, luckily it came in time.

We still have a house to sell but have a viewing on saturday - fingers crossed!!!

As far as the SA sponsorship goes, this was our only option. We didnt have enough points to go to Perth as we originally wanted to, so SA sponsorship gave us our ticket in on the condition we live and work in Adelaide for 2 years. Really pleased now, wouldnt want to go anywhere else.

This is only a temporary visa for 2 years so we loose out on a lot of child care benefits and other benefits but we dont care. I dont know much about the 175visa but your agent probably didnt mention the 475 as you dont need it?? I'm guessing here.

Good luck with everything, no doubt will see you on here.

Guest hughes

Hi Denise,

thanks for the information and good luck with the viewing on Saturday, we've just phoned some agents and they are coming to give us valuations on saturday. Anyway, good luck with your move, where are you heading in Adelaide??

Take Care

Karenxx

Hi Karen

In answer to your questions, it does seem better having Airpets prompting everything, the whole dog stuff seemed like such hassle on top of everything else. I'm not one to get stressed and am pretty organised but it still seems like a lot to sort out which is why airpets are a good option.

We applied for our visa in June 2008 so were really chuffed and shocked to get it granted so soon, we had actually already booked our flights and decided to go what ever happened, luckily it came in time.

We still have a house to sell but have a viewing on saturday - fingers crossed!!!

As far as the SA sponsorship goes, this was our only option. We didnt have enough points to go to Perth as we originally wanted to, so SA sponsorship gave us our ticket in on the condition we live and work in Adelaide for 2 years. Really pleased now, wouldnt want to go anywhere else.

This is only a temporary visa for 2 years so we loose out on a lot of child care benefits and other benefits but we dont care. I dont know much about the 175visa but your agent probably didnt mention the 475 as you dont need it?? I'm guessing here.

Good luck with everything, no doubt will see you on here.

Hi Karen. You're not being nosy - we all started on this website to gain more info. We've been in Adelaide since January 08. We're back in the UK for Christmas at the moment but head home again next week. Bloody cold here. I'm from Australia originally, husband's Irish and the kids were born in London. I went to London in 96 for a year long holiday ... took longer than I thought. We were in South East London. We're living in Hawthorndene in the Adelaide hills as my family live in the surrounding suburbs. It was a long, hard year and I'm glad it's over but now we're going back with our new life pretty much settled. I can't remember when I booked Jet pets - I think it was probably soon after she arrived in Melbourne. They were excellent. I was devastated to say goodbye to Bodie - not only was she in quarantine for so long but she then went to my sister's for a month before we arrived. It all turned out well though and the worrying was for nothing. Have a look at the AQIS website - they should have plenty of documents and forms for you to download.

Tracey

Guest hughes

Hi Tracey,

thanks very much for the info and I hope you've had a lovely christmas in the Uk but you're right it is bloody freezing!!!!

Have a good trip home and hopefully we'll stay in touch.

Take Care

Karenxx

Hi Karen. You're not being nosy - we all started on this website to gain more info. We've been in Adelaide since January 08. We're back in the UK for Christmas at the moment but head home again next week. Bloody cold here. I'm from Australia originally, husband's Irish and the kids were born in London. I went to London in 96 for a year long holiday ... took longer than I thought. We were in South East London. We're living in Hawthorndene in the Adelaide hills as my family live in the surrounding suburbs. It was a long, hard year and I'm glad it's over but now we're going back with our new life pretty much settled. I can't remember when I booked Jet pets - I think it was probably soon after she arrived in Melbourne. They were excellent. I was devastated to say goodbye to Bodie - not only was she in quarantine for so long but she then went to my sister's for a month before we arrived. It all turned out well though and the worrying was for nothing. Have a look at the AQIS website - they should have plenty of documents and forms for you to download.

Tracey