You don't need to use the big ones......

Guest KP Nuts

Guest KP Nuts

We used a local shipping company in Romford which were Copsey to move us to Adelaide, and whilst they were packing our house they were brilliant. Everything went very well, and we were kept informed about the ship once we landed in Adelaide and made contact with the Oz side, which were Kent Removal's.

And today was the BIG day we had our container delivered, we had quiet a few boxes opened by customs, but at the moment all is very well. The guy's arrived just after lunch and just over an hour later, our container was empty and the garage was full, with all 121 boxes, plus other packages, so got lots of sorting to do now.

But we all have a proper bed to sleep in tonight...... and I can't wait :SLEEP::SLEEP:

oh, and within ten minutes i was using the hoover...... :D

i used copseys as well and found them very good...i also had quite a few boxes opened by customs (thank god they never found my bottles of vodka hidden) and also nothing was damaged as everything was wrapped up really really well....one thing i can say is when everything does arrive its like christmas all over again you forget what you have brought, my unpacking was a nightmare 252 boxes :swoon:

Not always true! My parents used a local firm and their stuff took over 5 months to get to them!!! This is because the smaller companies don't always have the business to have a speedy turnaround. It might be different if you are using a whole container, but if you are using a shared one then they need to have others to fill it up. Otherwise it just sits in their depo for months

Guest KP Nuts
glad youve got your stuff kim ours arrives wednesday, by the way what do you do with all the empty boxes once unpacked(if they ever get unpacked!):unsure:

sue xxx

Hi Sue, once you are unpacked they come back and take away all the rubbish and boxes, if you don't want them.

But there will be boxes that we will not unpack in this house.

Good luck for Wednesday.

Guest happy feet

i used john mason, the company it self seem ok, but the lads that turned up...seemd abit dogey!!! One hff them had a very smelly pxx in my toilet....errrrrrr

prce seemed alittle over what i thought, about £1200 for 39 boxes and 2 beds??? Also found out it not going to even leave uk before end feb middle march, so god knows when i will get my stuff, only good thing all kitchen suff, soo lots of take aways!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for Copsey to come and give me a quote and I've been here since Oct:biglaugh:. They didn't turn up twice!!! I use to work for another copseys (not removals) in Romford and we were always having Debt collects round thinking we were them :policeman:.

Was going to use John Mason but they couldn't come the day we wanted so went with Fox so far all seems ok but stuff doesn't get to Oz til next Monday so we'll see.

Guest KP Nuts
I'm still waiting for Copsey to come and give me a quote and I've been here since Oct:biglaugh:. They didn't turn up twice!!! I use to work for another copseys (not removals) in Romford and we were always having Debt collects round thinking we were them :policeman:.

Was going to use John Mason but they couldn't come the day we wanted so went with Fox so far all seems ok but stuff doesn't get to Oz til next Monday so we'll see.

Wow, didn't know that....... actually we couldn't get rid of the guy that came round to see us, but all our stuff has arrived in one piece, and hopefully we won't be doing it again.................

Guest happy feet
I was going to choose John Mason. Why is it going to take so long before it leaves???

Sorry lovey only just seen this... Because i am onlytaking part container i have to wait till it full, and they say it wont be till end of feb or early march, then 6 weeks and 2 weeks immigration.. God my spelling was really bad, must have had toooo much wine when i answered the post!!!!:biglaugh:

Sorry lovey only just seen this... Because i am onlytaking part container i have to wait till it full, and they say it wont be till end of feb or early march, then 6 weeks and 2 weeks immigration.. God my spelling was really bad, must have had toooo much wine when i answered the post!!!!:biglaugh:

youd have that situation with any company though if your sharing a container. We used john masons and thought they were excellent.