just a quicky re Singapore airport?

Guest happy feet

Guest happy feet

when we land at singapore we have 17hrs to kill, i have booked room in hotel in departure for 6 hrs sleep (will need it), but was woundering if it was worth going through immigration to have a quick (very quick) look at the city? Or is there enough to do within the limits of the airport with 2 kids aged 10 and 7.

thanks for any advice

cara:unsure:

Guest Kazzarazza
when we land at singapore we have 17hrs to kill, i have booked room in hotel in departure for 6 hrs sleep (will need it), but was woundering if it was worth going through immigration to have a quick (very quick) look at the city? Or is there enough to do within the limits of the airport with 2 kids aged 10 and 7.

thanks for any advice

cara:unsure:

There are guided tours of Singapore organised from within the airport (desk is at the bottom of the escalators, from memory). They are also free and even though they leave regularly, they get booked out fairly quickly. I would suggest you book a tour as soon as you arrive for later in the day, then go for your sleep and shower. When you wake up, the tour is great and you feel like your starting a fresh day. Plenty time to get back and have a bite to eat before you prepare for your next flight. They take you on a minibus, no walking involved as you can only leave the airport with them if you are not stopping over.

There are guided tours of Singapore organised from within

We booked our guided tour as soon as we arrived for the afternoon. We than went and had a rest and a shower. Than we went for the city tour with Grandad 86 and 2 children 17 years and 11 years. Both kids fell asleep on the coach. But it was nice seeing the city. Than by the time we got back we have a few hours to eat, play games and look round the airport. Than it was time to leave.

Other families had a city tour and took the kids swimming, but we found that would of been to much for our family.

There is free access to the internet, you can watch TV or the children can play the play station or Xboy. In fact when we travelled it the games area (Play station area) was a nice area to sit in. It was quite and there was a supermarket there where you could get drinks.

Make sure you have a email receipt for the hotel. There is only one family room between all the accomodation in the 3 terminals. but it is so easy to travel between terminals.

We had a 9.5 hour stop over and the time went so quick it was scary. If you have booked the transit hotel you can use the roof top pool for free which is great (the rooms have towels so you don't have to take them aswell), alot of people spent their time there not necessarily swimming but enjoying the weather and I believe there was a bar. Personally even if we had had longer there is no way we would have been up to a city tour. There is loads to do at the airport and to be honest we wish we had had longer to go round it all.

Anyway, hope you have a good flight

Guest Marshall

I just got back from Singapore and i flew by myself :cute:and my layover was 4 hours. If your layover is over 5 then Singapore airlines have something called boarding pass privilages... take a look at it here http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_UK/content/microsites/promotions/boardingpass_2009/transit_singapore_en.html it is there somewhere you just have to dig through it (: And because your flying Singapore Airlines.... Its FREE!!!! I think kids would love it... Singapore is a great city and i have been there a few times and im 12 and i really enjoy it!! Although when you go i suggest you bring a bottle of water as the humidity is a killer!!! Also at Singapore airport because you flight will probably depart from T3 they have a Butterfly Garden and a FREE cinema!! Check it out on that link up there ^^^^^^

Have a great layover!! Im sure you will!! :D

Guest Marshall

Forgot to say... Theres free Wi-Fi and Internet access. In terminal 1 theres a rooftop swimming pool but its quite tucked away. You need to find an escaltor and theres a sign pointing to it.... In T3 by the SATS lounge theres PS3's and X'Box's (:

We stayed in a hotel for 3 days in Signapore. There is plenty to do. Sentosa to see the pink dolphins and cable car ride. Boat trip to see the Golden Lion (only 30 mins), Orchard Road for shopping. China Town. Botanic Gardens and Night Safari. Raffles Hotel

We had a great three days but it was December and humidity was high.

Amanda

Guest covfan71

Is there a hotel then in the actual airport where you can have a few hours kip? We didn't want the hassle of having to have our bags off loaded and have to go through departures again etc just for a bit of a sleep

Is there a hotel then in the actual airport where you can have a few hours kip? We didn't want the hassle of having to have our bags off loaded and have to go through departures again etc just for a bit of a sleep

Yeh man you can book it online in 6 hr blocks....my mum did it on her here she had 16hrs in Changi and she slept for 10 of them.

We crashed at the pool then did the city bus tour.

HG

Yeah the is a transit hotel in all three terminals. As Tracey said we could have stayed longer. You can get the 'sky train' between all the terminals and there is loads to see and do. As I have said on here before, if I could find a job in one of the terminals I would quite happily live inside the airport.:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete

Guest covfan71
Yeh man you can book it online in 6 hr blocks....my mum did it on her here she had 16hrs in Changi and she slept for 10 of them.

We crashed at the pool then did the city bus tour.

HG

I think the actual flight we have looked at coming on has a 6 hours stop. Is it worth using the hotel of can you make the most of it just looking around the airport. We have 2 young kids to think about

I think the actual flight we have looked at coming on has a 6 hours stop. Is it worth using the hotel of can you make the most of it just looking around the airport. We have 2 young kids to think about

If you only have 6 hrs then just check out the airport as its very nive indeed, especially if you have come form HR :confused:

Pack some swimmies in your hand luggage, and go for a swim, there is also a free cinema, free internet access, these is lots to do there and its very chilled.

You coming on the A380?

Guest covfan71
If you only have 6 hrs then just check out the airport as its very nive indeed, especially if you have come form HR :confused:

Pack some swimmies in your hand luggage, and go for a swim, there is also a free cinema, free internet access, these is lots to do there and its very chilled.

You coming on the A380?

Yeh, hopefully. that's the best flight isn't it?

Yeh, hopefully. that's the best flight isn't it?

Well i am biased as i made parts for it !!!!

But yeh we loved it, we came with 4 kids 16,15,10 and 4 we were on the A380 for 13 hrs and at no point did they ever moan that they were board.

There was lots to do, you can even get up and have a good old walkabout lol.

We loved it, we even made it late out of HR, haha.

You will love it its massive, service excellent, food great lotsa room etc etc, all in all it was HEAPS GOOD !!.

Guest Dave & Carole

That's reassuring to hear the flight was so good. My other half was also involved in A380 (currently at Airbus filton/broughton) so we 'have' to go that way!

Carole