• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Qantas - are they lenient with excess weight?

We flew Quantas, and as we are on a 457 visa, were only allowed 20kgs each.........and this included the kids car seats we bought over! (had we known the laws then on UK car seats, we wouldn't have bothered and would have had the extra weight allowance for clothes! but that's another story)

Just make sure that no single bag weighs in excess of 32kgs due to baggage handling limits! If it does, you will have to unload and redistibute the weight! (we nearly had to do this in Sydney, we were there trying to explain that it was not possible for our bag to have gained an extra 5kgs on the flight from the UK, then we realised our son was sat on the scales.............we very nearly had to re-pack!)

6 times
      Just to let you know we opened an account on line with HiFX to transfer funds, they called me back and were incredibly helpfull, I enquired about the discounted migrant flights they were promoting on their website and they e-mailed me a code and a specific telephone number to call quantas.

We got a discounted migrant flight with 40kg weight allowance on a 457 visa, they assured me that this was OK and we have had the e-tickets through with 40kg allowance printed on the ticket. I haven't actually transferred any money yet but just opened an account with them.

We payed 502 each for the flights which should have been about 900 according to the paperwork we got via e-mail.

Hope this is usefull to someone cos it's quite stresfull all this moving to the otherside of the world malarky!!:D

The Flinns likes this.

• Letton Percival provide shipping insurance for your international move

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123