FFS Getting my Ls?

Guest Libby1971

Guest Libby1971

I need to know, how strict are the Aussies when you are trying to take your test to get your Ls? You know, do they give you a nod and a wink when trying to do the give way questions? I can get most of them right and am 100% brilliant on the multiple choice. But there is one scenario that I cannot get to grips with, and as I am unlikely to face it for the next 6 months without someone in the car who can tell me what to do, I can learn. But I want the L licence now! :mad:

Guest soggy
I need to know, how strict are the Aussies when you are trying to take your test to get your Ls? You know, do they give you a nod and a wink when trying to do the give way questions? I can get most of them right and am 100% brilliant on the multiple choice. But there is one scenario that I cannot get to grips with, and as I am unlikely to face it for the next 6 months without someone in the car who can tell me what to do, I can learn. But I want the L licence now! :mad:

Quite strict when my wife and daughter took it, have you used the mock test on the RAA site http://www.raa.com.au/page.asp?TerID=192 it may help.

Simon:)

There are compulsory questions you have to get right. After that you are allowed to get a percentage right. Don't go after 4 to do your test, it gets a bit hectic. You do the tests on a computer these days and yes it is multiple choice. What is the Q you get stuck on? Basically give way to right, alcahol limits , speed limits and what to do if you crash .....

Guest Libby1971

The situation is this..

In the speed questions, ie how fast can you go when xxx, I go too slow. Apparently you can go much faster than I think even when you've only been driving 6 months.:confused:

In the distance questions, ie how much space should there be when xxx, I can't tell the difference between a metre and a yard so it pretty much doesn't matter anyway, coz I wouldn't know what it looked like anyway.

In the alcohol limits, I find that the lowest number is working quite well. And all the other right answers come from being a passenger in OHs car for the last 18 years and listening to him cast every other driver who crosses his path and annoys him into the depths of hell

I have practised on the RAA website but keep on causing a virtual computerised car crash. At an unmarked junction, both cars are stopped, one wants to go right, the other straight on, who has right of way? I think the one turning right does as I assume the car nearest me, going straight on, has to give way to the car approaching even if he does have to cross the line of traffic. Apparently not. And every time I get to the question, my finger clicks on the wrong car apparently and I can't get the damn thing right. And there are computer car parts scattered across the road.:arghh::arghh:

I don't know how I dare even think of driving.

Guest Guest75

No nods and winks I'm afraid,just multiple choice questions.

Fairly easy when you come to do it.

BUT - please give me a days notice when you are considering driving:biglaugh::biglaugh:

If you are looking for lessons - use Daryl,he is is great.

Grand Prix Driving School.

Can't find his bl@@dy number right now,bin on the Shiraz - but ask me if needed when I'm Shober

Guest cunnah10

"GOOD LUCK" Libby.....you can do it!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

There is one Q in the on line practice thingy, I kept getting it wrong when I was first helping my big pests to practise the test, anyway they soon got the hang of it, did the test, (after school, Rachel is right dont go there then). Both learnt and passed with Darryl ( spider). Fantastic guy I will second him! I have his number too!

At an unmarked junction, both cars are stopped, one wants to go right, the other straight on, who has right of way? I think the one turning right does as I assume the car nearest me, going straight on, has to give way to the car approaching even if he does have to cross the line of traffic.

THINK ROUNDABOUT! My hubby had probs with this one till I advised him to pretend there's a roundabout there.

Guest Libby1971

In hushed tones so few people hear me (I don't want to tempt fate or anything like that) but, I think I might have cracked the give way questions. Either way I am sue2oz's OH policy, I am not leaving till I've got it right. It might cost me a fortune! :biglaugh:

Please could I have Darryl's number? I am going to see if I can find it but any other recommendations would be good as well.

Thanks guys for your support

Libby i used daryl to learn to drive, 40 years old and id had a few lessons beforehand in uk but i was nervous as hell starting again, and like tyke says daryl is brill, and yep deffo funny, i looked forward to my lessons and stopped being nervous and i think all down to my lovely instructor, id recommend him over n over to anyone

Good luck with it when u start

Dawn x