Getting P's

Guest Bakers

Guest Bakers

Hi all well i am slightly annoyed with things here, back in December i decided driving was a must so sent e-mail to dtei to ask how go about it as held provisional licence in UK for 5 years & they stated would have to go pass theory & go onto L's but when came to 6 month holding period they would take UK licence into account if it stated date of issue (which it does).

So i went & did CBT with my ace instructor Chris & after 14 hours passed 3 weeks ago now & i was so bloody pleased with myself as i was a nervous wreck & couldnt hack it in UK :wacko: well went into Christis Beach to get P's to be told they would not accept Uk provisional & i'd have to wait till the 6 months is up on L's (July 6th),so rang dtei & was told they could it was managers discretion went back to Christies & they said no can't do it i am so confused as i've been told it has been done for others in same situation & was wondering if anyone had any advice??

Wouldnt be so bad but my lovely hubby went & brought me a car & by the time i can use it the rego would be expired what a waste of money:( Thanks Tess

hi i got my ps last year, and didnt know about the uk license being taken into account and hadnt bought my uk license with me, so i emailed dvla who sent me a computor print out of my licence details and took this in along with my aussie cert after doing that and i had only been learning here a few months and they accepted my uk licence, that was at christies beach office too, so dont know why they wont accept urs, i know others too whos have been accepted, i did the log book tho, had to get 50 hours driving in and pass a final drive and they accepted it this way, so dont know if taking a regular test is the difference

cant be any help as who to contact about it but seems unfair they are accepting for some and not others

Hope u get it sorted

Dawn x

Guest Libby1971

I know more than one person who has held a prov licence in UK, come here with it, taken lessons and done a test, had the 6 months waived and then been able to get their Ps all through Christies Beach.

Guest Bakers

Aaaarrggghhh just me then :( I'm wondering wether it's worth trying at the Marion so frustrating we've been told so many times it's been done for others but manager of Christies Beach is saying not true thanks for replys though Tess x

Guest Bakers

Well just too let you know went into Christies today on the off chance & had different bloke on desk got my p's no problems didnt even question it so thankyou for your replies :)

Get something in writing (email works) from DTEI. If Christie's gives your trouble ask to see the manager, get his/her name and tell them you will be contacting a team leader in DTEI Shared Services. If they know that you know what you are on about, it may help.