Buying A House From The UK B 4 You Get 2 Adelaide.

sush

Hi everyone

I was just reading about the threads on buying a property from the UK without seeing it - Has anyone done this and had a bad experience to say

" Oh My God What the Hell Have We Done Here "

Tyke forwarded me a great conveyancer who will look at the house for you also you have the building report as well.

Also.....

Does anyone live in Mawsom Lakes - Just wanted to know what the area was like ?

Thanks

Sush.

x

Guest dglamoore

I don't know anyone that has bought from the UK and regretted it. Yes Sarahs house is gorgeous so she is very lucky ;)

I do however know of someone that rushed into buying a house when they arrived rather than renting and had not thoroughly checked out the area. They ended up living in a bad area with neighbours from hell (can't see what the neighbourhood is like online or what is next to your house!). They decided to move but found it incredibly hard to sell the house and lost a vast amount of money :mad:

Don't forget it is pricey to buy and sell here so good idea to make sure you have the right place to start with. :o

Lisa:cool:

Guest nickey and neill

hi there,

we are thinking of doing the same thing, as we dont want to rent as we have a dog!

if anyone has any info on any conveyancer etc, i would be very grateful. also do you know who is best to contact re getting mortgage from over here. we have been in touch with ANZ but had little contact from them so far? any help gratefully received.

thanks

hi there,

we are thinking of doing the same thing, as we dont want to rent as we have a dog!

if anyone has any info on any conveyancer etc, i would be very grateful. also do you know who is best to contact re getting mortgage from over here. we have been in touch with ANZ but had little contact from them so far? any help gratefully received.

thanks

Hiya guys,

I can recommend BLHL Conveyancing. They helped us on both our properties.

Nick Xenides helped us. Heres an email address if you want to get in touch.

nxenides@bernielewis.com.au.

We also used Adelaide Bank for our mortgage and found them very efficient.

Judi x

Guest dale_jo@

Hi

Can thoroughly recommend Morphett Vale Conveyancing, They helped our friends who arrived here 10 mnths ago ask for Dale!!

From personal experience i would recommend getting a building inspection by a recognized building inspector as you have something to fall back on if anything goes wrong!!!!!!!!

Good luck1

• 3 months later...

Hi Nicky and Neill,

We are also trying to buy a house before we arrive in January. I'm lucky though as my mum and sister are there and going to auctions and opens for us. I originally thought I would go with the Commonwealth Bank as they have an office here in London but it went wrong. If we had applied for a home loan a year ago they would have given us anything we wanted based on our earnings here, but because we leave soon, they won't do anything for us. The ANZ have been very useful. Once the proceeds from our house sale go into our account next week, they will set up a mortgage for us immediately. We do not have jobs lined up in Adelaide and they are fully aware of this. We decided to go for a mortgage because we don't want to use up all of our funds straight away on a house - particularly if it takes longer to get work. Try the ANZ again and try to arrange a meeting with them here in the UK like us. Good luck!

Guest nickey and neill

hi bodie,

thank you for your reply.........that is really encouraging. i will def get back in touch with them. at moment we are still waiting for a case officer contact from embassy, so we are in that horrible long wait part of the process!

thanks again

nickey and neill

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I think any one who buys from the UK are brave. I have been to so many house opens since I have been here I have lost count, and have to say that the majority of time they dont look anything in real life like they do on the internet. Not only that but you cant see what a neighbourhood is like, or indeed the neighbours. And worse of all you cant smell the house on the internet! You may only have what the agent is telling you and that will be all good as they are selling the house. There are so many factors to take in when moving somewhere....ie schools...work...

I also think you cant rely on peoples on here opinions of areas as we are all different, If someone came from a horrible part of the Uk then most places here will be lovely.

Buying a mistake here is very costly as you have to pay a stamp duty on house purchases too.

sarah